Sunday 20 March 2022

From RayR: Donnybrook - Guard Haiduk's (55pts)

  


Its not long to go, I can't believe its gonna be the end of the Challenge soon, where did the time go? 
For this entry I'm posting my last unit for my Polish/Imperialist army for the siege of Vienna in 1683,


Here we have the 8 figure Guard Haiduk regt, along with a commander and two standard bearers.


All figures are from The Assault Group, apart from the Commander on the left, he's a figure from Essex Miniatures. You may notice the lack of muskets?
Who needs a gun when you can have a massive chopper?

The Guards carried halberds instead.


Rear pic, just encase I only painted the front of the figures.


The flag on the right comes from the same source as I've previously copied in and the flag on the left is from Alex Pil's flag site that I can't find anymore?

11 figures @5pts

55 points!



Excellent guards, Ray! I must admit to being a great fan of those bonkersly huge flags!

Tamsin

18 comments:

  1. Great work Ray. These really pop and I love your theme. I was great to share Wednesday with you. Be well and have a great year. See you in the next challenge.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks Bruce, the same back to you, my friend.

      Delete
  2. Gorgeous work Ray, love the flag and the basing but the figures are excellent.

    ReplyDelete
  3. I love the colour choices Ray; the officer really stands out in his brighter attire.

    ReplyDelete
  4. Great painting! Your treatment of the flags always impresses me!

    ReplyDelete
  5. You have really outdone yourself Ray, some awesome painting here!

    ReplyDelete
  6. Those flags are immense...in both senses of the word. Nice one!

    ReplyDelete
  7. Wodnerful work Ray. Love those huge banners!

    ReplyDelete
  8. and the prize for inspiring my next project goes to you. Just bought a comedy number of 10mm Poles and Ottomans

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I'm glad to be of assistance Martin! Will these make the next Challenge, or will you have them all painted up next week?

      Delete
  9. Size does matter, both in flags and halberds! Beautiful painting, Ray, they would look great on the gaming board when playing siege of Vienna.

    ReplyDelete