Sunday 20 March 2022

From MilesR: Manzikert, Normans and Orcs, all in glorious 10mm (253 Points)

 

I wasn't able to participate fully in this year's challenge due to a host of personal and professional distractions, for which I humbly apologize.  I was able to make a little progress on 2 projects.  First are some more units for my 10mm Orc Warmaster army - a war Wagon and dragon mounted general plus a unit of Orc Spearman and some Goblin archers.  To provide a little mobility there are 2 units of warg cavalry. 

This project has been a nice little distraction.  I'll score the war wagon and general as vehicles so that gives me 18 mounted figures and 51 infantry for a total of 93 points

The second project was Manzikert, which will be featured on an upcoming Little Wars TV episode.  First up is a contingent of Norman mercenaries.  The Sicilian Normans participated in the campaign but didn't make it to the battle itself as they had a nasty habit of changing sides constantly.  This force has 4 bases of spear infantry (unarmored), 3 bases of crossbowmen and 4 bases of heavy cavalry.
Thats 64 infantry and 16 cavalry, which nets 96 points.

The next up are 3 more bases of Varangian Guards, which brings the total force to 8 bases

2 Bases of Imperial cataphracts and 

2 bases of Faris guard cavalry for the Turks.  Thats 24 Varangian Guard plus 20 cavalry which nets 64 points.

The totals for this potentially final submission are

139 Infantry for 139 points
54 Cavalry for 108 points
2 vehicles for 6 points
Total 253 points

I'm just about done with all the figures for the Manzikert game.  We've got some great games lined up for this year on LWTV but I'm always open to suggestions - let me know what you'd like to see.

Good work on all the 10mm! Warmaster has seen such a resurgence this year. I shall keep my eyes out for the Manzikert episode. You have nicely slipped past your Challenge goal- very efficiently planned.

Barks

8 comments:

  1. Great to see another horde of little men for this project, Miles! :)

    ReplyDelete
  2. I would like to see the orcs fighting the Byzantines for control of the levant please and thank you.😁

    Even with distractions you are proving to be painting machine Miles!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Very nice Miles! I bookmarked Little Wars TV and look forward to checking it out!

    ReplyDelete
  4. Thanks very much for the kind comments. I am pleased to have finished the vast majority of the Manzikert project and can now focus on writing some rules for that game

    ReplyDelete
  5. Very nice little people, Miles! Warmaster had a surprise success this year.

    ReplyDelete