Sunday 20 March 2022

From PhilH: Bureaucracy, Money and Corruption at Vlogosphere (24 Points)

Funnily enough, the location bonus Bureaucracy/Black comedy had me thinking up a range of bleak takes on the theme. With the final days of the Challenge ticking down, I just about had enough time this week to turn out this billboard terrain for Marvel Crisis Protocol.

Well, modern bureaucracies thrive on private finance and ‘outsourcing’ services. Cutting costs for the taxpayer, while the fine upstanding entrepreneurs make a few *cough* bucks on the side: win-win, eh? But jaunty slogans aside, it probably ends up that once the money is made, no one takes out the trash. 



Fisk Industries seemed to hit the theme: upstanding citizen and entrepreneur Wilson Fisk, who as nefarious supervillain alter ego The Kingpin opposes the NYC heroes like Spider-Man or Daredevil and friends in the recent Netflix TV series. The design references Wilson Fisks’s doubtless corrupt reconstruction of New York after the joint got trashed by an alien invasion in the MCU Avengers.


The billboard is a 3D print, a neat little design free on Thingiverse. For the image I resized a handful found on the official Faceache group for the game, and the same source for the newspaper sheets.


This is the back of a billboard and it’s not very interesting. I’d quite like to get some pigeons to roost on top, add some pigeon poop, you can imagine their little pigeon butts to make this photo more interesting, if you like.

It’s maybe 20% of a standard reference terrain cube, so 4 Points plus the bonus and I’ all done for Challenge XII. 


Thanks as always for having me along for the ride, it’s always fun however much actually gets painted. I am ever appreciative of the efforts of the wonderful Snowlord Curt, ever-patient Sarah and the Minion crew. 

______________________________

Very cheeky, Mr. Hawkins, but being it's the final few minutes of the Challenge, I'll take it. :)

Thanks for being in the mix with us this year, Phil! I hope to see you in the ranks again next autumn. 

- Curt







18 comments:

  1. Nicely done, Phil! :)

    For the pigeons, Bad Squiddo Games has a pack.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I’ve found a set of 36 plastic pigeons that I think might just about meet my needs

      Delete
  2. Looks great Phil, Mrs Scrivs really, really hates pigeons, likely due to growing up in London.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Hah, In that case I hope you populate all your tables with them…

      Delete
  3. Nice work Phil, but now it seems incomplete without the pigeons!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Alright, I’ll get working on the pigeons!

      Delete
  4. I like this a lot! I think the pigeons will be a great addition!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks Natasha, I do agree just need to put in an order

      Delete
  5. That little piece will be a great addition to a table. The garbage bags really make it.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Cheers codsticker. I’ve a whole load of them printed out

      Delete
  6. Terrific stuff. You can have some of the pigeons in my backyard, they pay the squirrels to knock the bird feeder around like a piñata and feast on the results.
    Cheers, MikeP

    ReplyDelete
  7. Good looking sign, but pigeon butts would make it even more interesting, like you said. :)

    ReplyDelete
  8. Lovely, smart terrain piece!
    Best Iain

    ReplyDelete