Sunday 20 March 2022

From Kerry T - A final post - P is for Pestilence - (220 points and 4 Squirrels)

Morning, afternoon and evening all for the last time this year

I must say I feel a bit sad here on a Sunday evening here in NZ with this my last post for this challenge.

Before I say anymore I want to say an huge thank you to you all for your support. I don't think that I've ever had so much fun painting figures, nor for that matter remember a time when I've been so productive. 

Much of that has been down to the buzz and fun I've had from not only painting and posting, but from looking forward to seeing what others have conjured up. The fact that my golf has gone to ruin and the garden needs so much attention is down to you lot. Like many of you have mentioned, I have one regret and that is  having not had quite enough time to leave comments on many of the superb and varied pictures of the entries posted by my fellow participants

Its hardly fair to single anyone out but it would be remiss if I did not say a heartfelt thank you to Curt for not only accepting my entry but also managing my Sunday posts and being so kind in his comments and feedback.  Huge thanks  must be said to all the minions for their hard work and constant entertainment, not only have you that but you've had to produce your own entries as well! How have you managed that? Thank you

I really have enjoyed looking at so much of what has been offered here, I mean for God Sake I'm a diehard historical gamer but Greg B's 40K stuff has got my "oh look shiny" eye roving over GW stuff for the first time ever and Millsy's cars have me wanting to soup up my X-trail, add a few accoutrements and head to the badlands. Tamsin's got me wanting a dog again and I must get a 3D printer! That's just a few side effects of being in such good company for 3 months!

Anyway before I get too sentimental, I've had a few glasses of wine and could be considered to be "tired and emotional" sniff, I best get around to what I'd intended, sniff...

So here is my P is for Pestilence post - I must confess that I actually don't have any figures covered with sores or any plague doctors but a few days ago I ended up with a cough and felt a bit knackered. Covid is finally having an impact here in NZ so I couldn't go to work but I'm well again and  PCR and RAT negative. The end result was that I had 2 days away from work so took the opportunity to paint a few more figures and so allow me to produce an additional entry


To date my theme for the challenge was units with a connection to the letter P - peasants, pious, pointy sticks, pike & shotte, prancing, parliament, polished,Perry Miniatures, personality, plastic, pagan and finally posh. 

I felt the theme should continue so this time my pestilent offerings are those that didn't quite make the cut in the original twelve Ps

P is for Palestine

Woodbine design British infantry many in Wolseley helmets for Palestine WW1, I think I bought these at Salute in 2010 maybe

Yes I know I should have bought them in shorts

Not exactly in desert terrain are they  but I managed to paint them up quite quickly having started yesterday

A word of advice, do not watch Lawrence of Arabia or The Light Horsemen 

Arab irregulars from Artizan designs


This project has almost died a death, this was a LAF LPL entry in 2011 when I first painted some of these figures I bought, they've languished since I'm ashamed to say


The shame is they've never been finished or gamed with, I'd always been looking for a suitable train that Lawrence and his men could sabotage but have never found one -don't you dare!

P is for Pandour never made the P cut either


Austrian SYW Pandours by Eagle Figures


For some reason I didn't really enjoy painting these but they've turned out OK

P is for Prussian is my last offering, one of the companies in a Grenadier regiment that will be 24 figures strong (eventually!)

Crusader Miniatures SYW figures


Well that's it maybe except for a group photo


Last tally then

20 British WW1 infantry @ 5 points
12 Arab irregular infantry @ 5 points
6 Austrian Pandours @ 5 points
6 Prussian Grenadiers @ 5 points for 220 points and 4 Squirrels (total 25 Squirrels I think)

Many thanks and best wishes to you all




What a great mixed bag to close out on, Kerry. Sorry to hear about your brush with pestilence!

Tamsin

8 comments:

  1. Great bunch of mixed Ps Kerry! Enjoy your wine and sniffle, I’ve enjoyed your p posts this year.

    ReplyDelete
  2. That's a great entry. I love the Woodbine and Artizan Designs figures in particular and how you have painted them,.

    ReplyDelete
  3. I’ve enjoyed your posts throughout the Challenge Kerry! Great way to wrap things up!

    ReplyDelete
  4. What a whopper of a final post mate, well done!

    ReplyDelete
  5. What a great post to end with Kerry. Well done indeed!

    ReplyDelete
  6. A great wrap-up post Kerry. All of these are beautiful, but those Arab irregulars take the prize for me. Well done!

    ReplyDelete
  7. Very nice and clean brushwork, varied, too! Sorry to hear about your mild illness, but it had some positive side effects regarding this challenge! :)

    ReplyDelete
  8. P is for it's been a pleasure to have you along!

    ReplyDelete