Sunday 20 March 2022

From PhilH: Unveiling the Dark Trooper Project at Skaro (76 Points)

With deepest thanks to Lady Sarah for the list, we make it to Skaro. And with a Star Wars project on the go, and having greatly enjoyed the Mandalorian TV series, 'weird robots' had to be the Dark Troopers reintroduced there. Though as a SW nerd, I remember their first introduction in the vintage Star Wars Dark Forces video game *nostalgic sigh*.




With the most adorable SW character to date as the Mandalorian's macguffin, the Mandalorian needed a scary big bad for the series, and these indomitable automatons did the trick. Armed to the teeth, nigh-impossible to destroy and relentless in pursuit of our heroes, awesome stuff. 


Oh and our heroes Luke and Din Djarin had to make an appearance to do battle with them.


This set of 8 ranging from pristine to battered and bisected are 3D prints from Skullforge Studios. 

Eight 40mm or so miniatures and the Skaro bonus is 76 Points. Oh, and that's my third (!) squirrel! 

Now, is there time to navigate the Great Abyssal and fit one more entry in? 

_____________________________

Oh, these are rather fabulous. I loved the introduction of these and I too remember them from the Dark Forces video game (though I like the Mando versions better). While the pristine ones are all great and nasty, I have to say my favourites are the bashed ones, especially the rather shocked one whose experiencing a lightsaber induced split-personality disorder. So awesome. 

Next!

- Curt


16 comments:

  1. I must confess, I’ve not seen the Mandalorian, but that’s not necessary to appreciate how great these are! They look awesome.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. It’s excellent! Best SW content since Rogue One.

      Delete
    2. Ditto what Natasha said.
      Cheers, MikeP

      Delete
  2. Nicely done Phil, the Dark Troopers are great villains "henchmen" in that series

    ReplyDelete
  3. Nice work, Phil! Good job on the foreboding black armor and I too like the cut trooper. Grand work!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Yes it’s hard to do black without them coming out very flat. It’s the same method as my earlier Black Panther, just a different approach to the highlighting.

      Delete
  4. Replies
    1. Thanks Peter, I was pleased to finish them

      Delete
  5. Great figures, I really like the clear base choice.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Cheers. I’m not wholly sold on the clear bases and find the process a bit of a pain I the proverbial, but for SW and the variety of terrain it makes sense.

      Delete
  6. Good looking stuff, I like the fine edge highlights, Phil!

    ReplyDelete
  7. Splendid looking robot villains!
    Best Iain

    ReplyDelete