Sunday 20 March 2022

From MartinC: The Final Curtain (147pts)

Well here we are at the end of another Challenge. I stare around at the smouldering remains of my lead mountain, don't worry I've already replenished it with 10mm Winged Hussars and associated fodder. It's been another enjoyable and productive challenge, curtailed by covid. I've painted a massive Lizardman army, and tonnes of other stuff. I'm now actually at a point where I'm seriously thinking about stopping painting huge numbers of 28mm due to lack of space and lack of periods still to paint - I am not painting Naps in 28mm. I think 10mm and 15mm will be the future for me.

Anyway back to the present. These are the last of my figures, I only have a box of French WW2 to paint (but lacking bases) and I never got round to the 28mm pirate ships.


Some 15mm Arab camelry for my Parthians. Very old school, 2nd hand figs

Similarly some camelphracts


Next up a group of Hasslefree figs. These are as always brilliant. The above is for a friend and her 4 year old son and represents them very well, he is a little ginger terror. The warrior is a previously painted figure

Next a steampunk girl, actually she will add to my Stargrave crew


These three women are great although the one in the middle is barely dressed in a chain mail bikini, they are Hasslefree figures after all. Really like the archer 

These 2 are my favourites though and have come our really well

Finally a 28mm factory

Collapsible factory

Scores on the doors

18 x 15mm camelry = 72 pts
7 x 28mm inf = 35
1 factory = 2 terrain cubes = 40

total = 147pts

Thanks to all the minions, esp the marvellous Tamsin.

Good bye and Long Live Ukraine



Excellent work, Martin! I do like the idea of collapsible buildings - it would certainly have saved me on storage space if these had been available a few years ago.

It's been great having you as one of my Team Tuesday points-bombers! 

Tamsin

15 comments:

  1. You had a great Challenge, Martin. I especially loved your Lizardman units. These Hasslefree are terrific. I especially like the slim blue-haired teen with the big honkin' sword and that Ikea flat-pak factory is inspired.

    Until next winter, my friend.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. It's been fun, I love my lizardmen. Thank you for putting this on again, you do know you are actually properly famous now. Have a lovely summer and say hi to Sarah for me. hopefully she is on the mend

      Delete
  2. Oh, and I've just noticed that this post tips us into the black for total Challenge points. Bravo!!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. that's just timing, but happy to have done my shift

      Delete
  3. Well done my Tuesday friend! I quite like the voluptuous model in the chain mail bikini. I imagine that must chafe something terrible!

    ReplyDelete
  4. A great collection pf figures to add to the collection Martin. You certainly had a very busy Challenge. Well done.

    ReplyDelete
  5. Great work this year Martin, this last post is no exception. All factories are collapsible with enough high explosives.

    ReplyDelete
  6. Nice work, Martin! It would not be AHPC without some camels. An eclectic post for sure! I really like the steampunk/Scifi lady, but that factory is really cool with the bonus ability to save storage space.

    ReplyDelete
  7. Nice stuff again, that Hasslefree stuff is brilliant and if that collapsing building actually works it is terrific!

    ReplyDelete
  8. Lovely bunch of figures and terrain!
    Best Iain

    ReplyDelete