Sunday 20 March 2022

From RustyP: Got lost in the 'Caverns' - My last post - 80 pts.

Well, I have a bunch of unfinished units that I just can't seem to finish (mounted knights, Necrons, 15mm Napoleonic & some Late Romans).  But I did get these 3d printed terrain caverns finished up this week.  I only got the caverns done, not the cool mushroom terrain pieces that are last two photos.  There is just way to much detail and mushrooms to paint & highlight; so these will get finished in a few weeks time.

These 3d prints are off of my Prusa printer and were designed by Printable Scenery.  I like the way they came out.  Primered grey then a dark wash over everything.  3 coats of dry brush did the trick.  

 





Ton of detail on these pieces.  For viewing only, no points.


Can't wait to see them finished.


Scoring:

I measured 24" x 12" with an extra piece to spare.  They are 3" tall so here's the boring math part:

24" x 12" x 3" = 4 x 2 x .5 cubes (6" cubes) = 4 cubes worth.  So 4 x 20 = 80 points.

I took on a little too much with this project; but at least I finished the caverns -- And I reach my goal... cheesy smile :-)

Thanks to Curt & everyone that helped run this event. 

________________________

Those cavern modules look brilliant, Rusty.  I like what you're planning for the mushrooms - a nice, vibrant counterpoint to the grey of the caverns themselves. I have a bunch of Dwarven Forge cavern pieces and wonder if these would be compatible. Hmm. I must look them up.

Thanks for joining us this year, Rusty. I hope you're with us next winter.

- Curt


10 comments:

  1. Great look caverns Rusty, tons of uses for those bits.

    ReplyDelete
  2. That is a big chunk of terrain! It looks great! The mushrooms will be a fun paint and very practical addition!

    ReplyDelete
  3. That will be a great gaming table. Well done!

    ReplyDelete
  4. I really like the opening shots with the mini in the cavern. Greats tuff!

    ReplyDelete
  5. Printable scenery make awesome stuiff and you have painted it up very well!

    ReplyDelete
  6. Thank you for the comments. I certainly enjoyed this and plan on doing this again next winter. I really did enjoy all aspects of this! Really some brilliant posts by folks.

    ReplyDelete
  7. Good looking terrain, Rusty! I'd like to see the finished mushrooms.

    ReplyDelete