Sunday 20 March 2022

IainW: 28mm Napoleonic Austrian cuirassier regiment no 6 Mack and some other bits and bobs( 220 points)

These are cuirassier regiment no 5 Mack, assembled from the Perry plastic kit, nice to put together and I'm pretty happy with the white and how the unit has come out overall, found an expensive liquatex artists acrylic with masses of pigment in the shed and tried that, when I am priming Austrians next I'll do it in white as I  have followed David's advice and bought some contrast paints, but as I have a ton in black and grey, I'll stick to my new white for a bit!






I like cavalry as I just bash out the horses rapidly, in addition I have  finished three mounted Austrian commanders ,metal figures this time, also from Perry. 













Two six pounders for the Austrians,  Perry metal once more, nice but two of the figures were missing their noses!










Easier as there is less white! I  rather like their business like uniforms and old school bicornes!


Finally four casualty markers for my French infantry, Perry plastic from their heavy cavalry sets. The blue is a bit too light but they'll do!

So to points, 15 x 28mm cavalry is 150, 2 crew served weapons with four crew each is 60 and 4 x prone figures is 10 points, giving me a total of 220 toward my total and the Napoleonic duel, once added to my running total that will take me to my target with, what, at least some hours left?!

All the best Iain 

_________________________________________

Oh, more Napoleonics, what a treat! These Austrians look terrific Iain, even the nose-challenged artillerists are spiffing. I quite like the high-contrast, punchy, stark white against the red of the horse furniture and facings - very sharp. I also admire the hardscrabble groundwork you've used for this collection. It looks like they could be deployed in Northern Italy. Great work!

Thank you for participating again this season, Iain. I always appreciate, as do others, your encouraging comments in so many of the posts. Thanks again.

- Curt

  

22 comments:

  1. These look great Iain, nice to see some more Perry models.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Lovely Austrians Iain - Perry Plastic Napoleonics are so tempting

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks, go on give in to temptation!
      Best Iain

      Delete
  3. Lovely stuff, Iain! I like the basing on them. :)

    ReplyDelete
  4. Lovely Whitecoats Iain. Love the horses and basing.

    ReplyDelete
  5. Beautifully done! Your white is so crisp - wow!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks Natasha, I think I'm getting there!
      Best Iain

      Delete
  6. Those Austrians really do look the part Iain and you have really done a great job on the bases as well, awesome!

    ReplyDelete
  7. Austrian heavies! This is all awesome but my heart soars when I see those Austrian Cuirassiers! Great work Iain!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks Greg, very happy with the cuirassiers!
      Best Iain

      Delete
  8. Beautiful, well done! The white looks good, but so does the whole post. Glad you participated this challenge, Iain!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks very much Teemu,the white work has improved, I'm always happy to take part in the Challenge!
      Best Iain

      Delete
  9. Replies
    1. Thanks Barks,no skulls I'm afraid!
      Best Iain

      Delete