Sunday 20 March 2022

From DallasE: Sandbagging (literally, not figuratively) (10 points)

My last entry in this year's Challenge is some more terrain (yes Greg :-). This is the "curved sandbag" set from one of my favourite purveyors of resin, ValueGear.

You get quite a bit of resin in the pack, and I figured the bags will come in handy in Western Desert games and otherwise. You can always use more sandbags, right? Of course the pack also includes a couple random crates as well.


Here's one of the recently painted Afrika Korps infantry to show the scale of the set. Painting was pretty easy as well, just shading up with earth tones, finishing with a little Corax White, toned down with an Agrax Earthshade diluted wash.

The bags are pretty much perfect for 28mm models, once I get some tripod MG34s and Vickers .303s painted up they'll slot in there nicely. 

Points... well I have to say I was sorely tempted to get cheeky and claim the Cybertron bonus (transformation) as clearly this post involves transformation of a pile of sand into defensive terrain... but I'll leave it to the Minions to determine whether that's a bridge too far :-)

Otherwise I'll claim 10 points for a half-cube of terrain.

See you all at the after-party!


Sandbags are such useful terrain, and this looks like a great quantity and variety for your table. I like how they have been sculpted to sag and drape realistically. I shall overlook your desperate bonus points grabbing!

Barks

10 comments:

  1. Sandbags are always handy, Dallas - nice work! :)

    ReplyDelete
  2. Hopefully we won’t be needed sandbags for civilian use this spring. Yours are great with many uses on table.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Never heard of Value Gear but I am off to check them out thanks to you!

    ReplyDelete
  4. That's a lot of sandbags. Just in time for Spring flooding on the Red River. Looking forward to see them on the gaming table.

    ReplyDelete
  5. Some great scatter terrain Dallas!

    ReplyDelete
  6. I feel that sandbags will be very useful in many scenarios!

    ReplyDelete
  7. Great literal sandbagging work dude!

    ReplyDelete