Sunday 20 March 2022

From AlanD - Last Romanian Hurrah (45 points)

It has been a busy few weeks, so I haven't managed the last dash to the line I had planned. Nevertheless, I'm finishing my Challenge as it began with some Romanians. Among the equipment the Germans occasionally sold to the Romanians were Panzer IVs and Sdkfz 222 armoured cars, so I've painted up one of each for the late war period. The bright national markings on the Panzer IV H seem to have been used sometimes after the Romanians switched sides in August 1944. Both models are from Rubicon.




And finally, I'll end with a group shot of the Romanian army I've painted during the Challenge. Thanks to everyone for a fantastic three months of inspiring painting and chat, and thanks to the minions and to Curt for making it all possible. Don't forget to pay the entrance fee and support Curt's chosen charity!


___________________________

Wow, look at that group shot. You got a HEAP of wonderful models done this Challenge, Alan. This was a great project to follow, especially with your tentative experiments with snow, ice and slush (I envy you antipodeans for this ignorance). I also really enjoyed your ECW figures for Pikeman's Lament and am inspired to get some done for myself. Well done and bravo to you sir!

- Curt

8 comments:

  1. Nice armour, Alan! And a great group shot at the end! :)

    ReplyDelete
  2. Awesome project! I love the group shot!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Excellent work on your projects this year Dux.

    ReplyDelete
  4. Very impressive army photo and I like the whitewash on the tanks; it looks like it was applied ad-hoc in the field- very nicely done.

    ReplyDelete
  5. Dux, easily one of my favorite projects of the challenge. I love the uniformity of the ragged, and ragtag. Plus the basing looks absolutely miserable! Good job!

    ReplyDelete
  6. Great work, Dux! Crisp SS Stormtroopers with King Tigers are so dull...

    ReplyDelete
  7. Good looking stuff, Alan! And thank you very much for a group shot! Great Challenge from you.

    ReplyDelete
  8. Loved your Romanian project, even more so after you said you'd finished and then did a load more, brilliant! Great pair of AFVs to finish off with too!
    Best Iain

    ReplyDelete