Sunday 20 March 2022

From BruceR, The final, I mean it, final submission. "Protect the sheep" 28 mm Danes and their Lord (25 pts)

Okay, daughter dropped off at college.  On the way back stopped at the lake cabin to make sure the winter had not destroyed anything, all good, so back to the Casa.  

Some supper with the War Department and then release to the paint station.  

I'm playing in a SAGA doubles event at Adepticon (sorry to keep mentioning this for those you can't attend) with a buddy coming from Vegas.  He owns Danes, so Danes it was going to be.  I have Vikings and some Danes.  So, while I could sub some of my current figures, I wanted 8 big axe boys for the event.  Knew I had some plastic Vikings sprues and went to look in the piles of shame, no luck.  (I could have sworn I had some).  Well to the Web.  Hats off to Badger Games.  Order a blister of Gripping Beast Anglo Danish Huscarls Axemen on Sunday.  They arrived Friday.  Now to appease the War Department to buy some time.  As above it worked, with the old man's disease of up at 4:30-5 (even if not wanting to) finished them off.  

4 Little Big Man shield transfers and done.  I do like to paint shields, but not an option with the time constraints. I did finish the shields earlier in the week. 

I also had started a blister, I did find, of King Raedwald from Foot Sore.  Snipped the spear and attached a plastic axe head for my Warlord.  

So, here they are to "Save the Sheep"!!!!!!

The Lord and Huscarls

Protect the Sheep Lads







Gratuitous Sheep shot from my last post


As we rarely play SAGA it will be fun day and not for victory.  I have joined the SAGA room at Adepticon once in the past and it is full of great gamers and hobbyists.  Will be a great time.

5 28mm Foot             =  25 pts

Total                               25 pts

________________________________

Haha! I'm glad that the stars aligned, the War Department agreed and you managed to squeeze in another entry AND get prepped for your event at Adepticon. You Yarl, with his axe-wielding Huscarls look absolutely brilliant. Nice clean brushwork and vibrant colours - very nice. I hope you have a terrific time at the con, Bruce. Thanks for joining in on the Challenge and I hope to see you in a few months.

- Curt

9 comments:

  1. These look great, Bruce. I love your shield designs.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Thank goodness the sheep will be safe! Have fun at Adepticon!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Great looking axemen, Bruce! :)

    ReplyDelete
  4. Save the sheep! Nice work and have a good time.

    ReplyDelete
  5. Wonderful work on those Huscarls.

    ReplyDelete
  6. Good looking huscarls, Bruce! I hope you have good time at Adepticon, even though these freshly painted minis already know they doom...

    ReplyDelete