Sunday 20 March 2022

From TashaH: Travels Through the Inner Ring [Lune][Star Yacht][Altair IV] (70 points)

I’m almost at my goal to finish all the planets. 

I’m currently on the planet of Lune. I can’t imagine a better fit for the theme of ‘Witchcraft and Sorcery’ than an alchemy table. 


 

This table is slightly modified. It is a print from Great Grimoire on myminifactory. It is available as part of the Welcome Pack for their Tribes. It is a 3 piece print. I broke one of the legs taking it off the build plate. Fortunately, I did have this nifty trunk printed off (sorry, I can't figure out where I printed it from) and, as luck would have it, the tabletop fit perfectly on top. I do plan to build the table appropriately, but for now, this works!




 

I’m going to ask for Lady Sarah’s Star Yacht to take me to Altair IV.  

 


This villager is also a print from the Great Grimoire Tribes Welcome Pack on myminifactory.  I’m still learning the intricacies of my new printer and have noticed I’ve messed up a few prints. Unfortunately I didn’t realize how blank her face was until I was almost done with her. She still looks decent from 2 feet! 

 


 

Landing on Altair IV, I happen across this old robot. How fortunate, one more check off the planet list!

 


 

I found this free file on Cults3d. It also came with the fancy, stylized base. It printed very nicely. I utilized my typical painting style of ‘just keep adding more paint until it looks moderately ok’. 




 

We are now heading back to Terra to finish our Challenge journey. 

The points:

Alchemist Table/Trunk - 1/2 a point?

20mm figure - 4 points

28mm figure - 5 points

Planet bonus - 40 points

Star Yacht - 20 points

Total 69.5 points

and one skull (that's 201 for me)!!


I like your alchemist's table, it looks very realistic (and skully). 3D printing is modern-day alchemy... Your robot has wonderful oxidation effects. I'm rounding you up to 70 points. Almost there on the planets! 

Barks

17 comments:

  1. That robot is great. You managed to get a real old Rusty metal vibe.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you Peter! It was a really nice model to work on.

      Delete
  2. Lovely work, Tasha, and a good save using the trunk as the base for the table! :)

    ReplyDelete
  3. Great work. Love the fix on the desk.

    ReplyDelete
  4. That alchemists table is brill, so lifelike as the attention to detail is spot on.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you Jamie! The table took a crazy amount of time but the end result was definitely worth it!

      Delete
  5. Barks - you are so right about 3D printing being modern day alchemy! I’m really in awe of the whole process.

    ReplyDelete
  6. Love that little robot and the way you painted him.

    ReplyDelete
  7. These are some exceptional atmospheric pieces!

    ReplyDelete
  8. Love the way you painted these Tash!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks Ray! You’re always so kind with your comments!

      Delete
  9. Wonderful stuff again, the alchemist's table is great!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you Teemu! I really enjoyed painting the table.

      Delete