Sunday 20 March 2022

From TashaH: Home ... time to temporarily put up the brushes and relax [Terra] ( 65 points)

Terra.

I made it home, my final post for Challenge XII.



Home is a lot more comfortable if you have a house to live in, so how about this beauty? 

 



 

I purchased the file for this house on Kickstarter. I paid a local company to print it in PLA. It is 3 separate pieces, detail printed inside and out. When I originally provided the file to the printer, he had it set to print at 15 inches per piece and it was going to cost almost $300 to print *gasp*. I then told him what my size requirements were (again) and things became much more manageable! (Dude...this isn't a doll house!)



It can also be utilized as a cottage with just the main floor and roof.


I watched many YouTube videos on how to paint brick, stucco and woodwork. I implemented ideas from a bunch of them. I'm still not 100% taken with the brick and stucco on the chimney, but overall, I think it is presentable. I've been working on this project for the last month but it's taken me right to the end to finish! It has been painted with various earth tones of craft and Contrast paints. There is also some Nuln Oil splashed on there for good luck!

I wanted to have more than just a house for my last submission, so when my 3D printer arrived, I got to work! I didn’t get done as much as I would have liked, but there is a bit of scenery and a few accessories to round things out. 

 


 

Inside the house, on the main floor, you will find a fire in the fireplace and a grog drinking fellow sitting at a table. The gentleman is from the Great Grimoire Tribes Welcome Pack and I cannot recall where the table is from. The fireplace is from Cults3d.

 







Upstairs I have placed the alchemist table from my previous entry, the stool from my first entry of the Challenge and this simple bed. 





 


Outside I’ve added a garden plot and a very necessary outhouse! Both of these prints are from Cult3d

 






 

Lastly is a patch of fairy sunflowers from MyMiniFactory. 

 


 

Who knows what may lie around the next corner? There may be a window somewhere ahead. It may look out on a field of sunflowers. ~Joe Hill


Taking part in the Challenge has been one of the best experiences of my life. It is truly hard to believe that I only started painting in December. I now have an entire room dedicated to the hobby in my house. The addiction is real and I embrace it completely. Without the support, positivity and laughter from everyone here, I would never have had the confidence to continue on. I feel so privileged to have made some wonderful friendships. Thank you is not enough.

Curt and Sarah. You've created an amazing community. Not only do you provide the platform for people to meet their painting challenges, but you allow for a healthy escape from the stresses of the real world and the opportunity for lasting friendships to be made. This is something seriously lacking in our world today.  You and all the minions donate so much of your spare time so that the rest of us may enjoy this Challenge. It is a wonderful, invaluable gift.

Please take care everyone and stay safe.

 

The points:

One 28mm figure - 5 points

The house is 5x3.5x6.75”

The outhouse is 2x2x3”

The vegetable patch is 2x2x.75”

The table is 2.25x.5x.5”

The sunflowers are 1.5x.5x.5”

This totals a little under two terrain cubes, so 35 points? 

Planet bonus - 20 points

AHPC experience - priceless

Total - 60 points


Wow! That building looks fantastic! It's been wonderful watching your painting develop over the past three months and I'm very happy to have hosted you on team Tuesday. I'm even more happy to hear that you've thoroughly enjoyed taking part. I do hope you'll join us again for AHPC XIII.

I'm going to round up your terrain to 2 cubes as you had to paint the interior as well as the exterior of the building.

Tamsin

21 comments:

  1. That is one cool looking building, plus all the other bits and bobs that you painted to go with it. Well done.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you Frederick! The print from Kickstarter was fantastic and a dream to paint.

      Delete
  2. What a cracking entry - the attention to detail is staggering and certainly a cut above what I’ll lavish on my scenery pieces! Weirdly, I like the vegetable patch best. Very domestic.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you Jamie! The vegetable patch was a labour of love. I printed it three times before I got it off the plate without it breaking. It was such a nice piece, it was worth the effort.

      Delete
  3. A wonderful final post! I really like the dilapidated look of the house with all its various interior/exterior details, and the outhouse looks suitably malodorous with that chimney vent.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you Curt! The outhouse made me chuckle when I saw it and I knew I had to include it!

      Delete
  4. Tamsin, thank you for your patience and guidance through the entire Challenge. Your willingness to answer all my questions was appreciated more than you know! It was wonderful to ‘see’ you during the Paint and Chat sessions and I hope we can stay in touch.

    ReplyDelete
  5. another fab post from your brilliant 1st challenge. been a pleasure to get to know you, have a good summer

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you so much Martin! It’s been a delight getting to know you! Take care!

      Delete
  6. Great to see you take this new hobby in Natasha. Love the house.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you Peter! Than you as well for all of your encouragement and positive comments throughout the Challenge.

      Delete
  7. Great work and welcome to the hobby world. I chuckled at the loo as it is quite luxurious with an air stack. It has been fun following your development. Be well.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you Bruce! Yes, the builder must have talked them into an upgrade for the bathroom package on the home!

      Delete
  8. I really like the style you bring to your scenery.

    ReplyDelete
  9. Lovely stuff, very homely! Maybe a turnip field next? It has been nice to follow you, coming from very different experience and history than most of the others. Many happy moments with your new hobby and remember to play some games, too!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you Teemu! Maybe I’ll have to add a turnip field to my to do list! I do have a couple games in mind to play - soon I hope :)

      Delete
  10. Splendid post, I like the interior and exterior and all the details, lovely!
    Best Iain

    ReplyDelete