Tuesday 19 February 2019

From KenR : 28mm Italian Wars Stradiots 2 and Command (83 Points)


It wouldn't be a Tuesday without a Cavalry unit would it. My personal side challenge within the challenge itself was to complete at least one a week, only just made it with a Pike Block on the go but here we are.


Earlier in the challenge I did a unit of bow armed Stradiots using Perrys 28mm Miniatures with a officer / standard base but have decided to up the light Cavalry to 12 figures a unit, I bought some extra bow armed troops at York and will add them to the 6 already done. I also got another six Stradiots with Lance so now have a unit of 12 of those to do.


I also took the opportunity to het another Command Stand done, as the other ones this is on a 80mm round base and has two figures from the Perry's Light Cavalry with another one of Petes Flags. I haven't identified the flag but it looks Venetian and fits nicely with the flag on the bow armed unit.


Here's a pic with the other six figures I did and this will form a unit of Bow armed Light Cavalry.


So points wise it's 60 for the 6 new Stradiots, 20 for the two mounted command and one for the flag making 81 points for both the main total and the Renaissance Side Duel.


Today's entries will have taken me over my initial Challenge Target which is pretty good considering we are about 2/3 of the way through. Things will slow down quite a bit for me in the final third of the challenge, I am back to work this week after an extended period of time away (unplanned due to injury) so there will be no sitting around painting all day !

The challenge for me now will be to get a unit of Cavalry done each week till the end, the airbrush compressor is warming up in the back ground as my stock of painted horses is running low.



Works gain will be our loss, but I'll be happy to see more cavalry from you in the coming weeks. I'm running out of complimentary adjectives to use when describing your work! Once again you are inspiring us all with this sensational project. 

I'm going to add a couple of extra points for the eye candy quality, it would be a crime not to! 
Lee 

26 comments:

  1. Very nice light cav and commanders Ken :)

    ReplyDelete
  2. Yes loving the Italian Wars stuff, especially the Stradiots.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Excellent work as always Ken. I like the use of the Perry "light Cavalry" as source for your command stand. That box is my favourite - it can be used for so many things.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks Peter, it's a great source of cheap standard bearers for sure

      Delete
  4. Great looking stradiots and super command stand!
    Best Iain

    ReplyDelete
  5. More awesome looking cavalry, you never fail to impress.

    ReplyDelete
  6. Awesome! Really nice work as usual on some amazing miniatures. Cheers

    ReplyDelete
  7. Phenomenal output, great work!

    ReplyDelete
  8. More wonderful looking Italian Wars. Usually not really a period I‘m into but you make it look rather tempting.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks it's one of those periods that regardless of the level of interest, it looks good, can't wait to get some game time in with them.

      Delete
  9. Cracking stuff - the consistency and quality of these entries is superb!

    ReplyDelete
  10. The banner is very nice and the animation on them all is very good! Grand brushwork, Ken! My favorite part of the Stradiots are those hats!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Cheers, Who doesn't look good in a wicker top hat 😂

      Delete