Tuesday 19 February 2019

From RayR - Baron's War London Slingers (120 Points)


I should have entered the Squirrel Duel with all the different periods I'm painting up!!!
Postie asked for a muted palette, so that's what he got!


These 24 figures are the London Slingers who were in the army of Simon de Montfort, during 
the Barons Wars was fought in 1264-65.


The Slingers fought at the Battle of Lewes in 1264.


The figures are from Essex Miniatures and could be used for any English 
Medieval army.


There are 24 figure in this post making a very nice 120 points!
Nice and early Lee, any bonus points???



Postie is working you hard! I wonder what he has for you next... he must have hundreds of boxes of unpainted lead in that Aladin's Cave he calls a house!! A nice bunch of slinger's that I'm sure will see service in several games (coming to a shed near you?). In fact, given my recent performance, these guys will probably be used in my inevitable downfall in some future game. So thanks for that!!
Lee

13 comments:

  1. Excellent work as always my friend!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Lovely work Ray, you missed a trick not entering the squirrel duel!
    Best Iain

    ReplyDelete
  3. When I first looked at the title I thought it said 'London Swingers' and immediately thought, 'There goes that prurient chap, Ray.' ;) Well done Ray, they do look like a mob of libertines.

    ReplyDelete
  4. Nice looking unit, well done.

    ReplyDelete
  5. Great stuff. That's a lot of slings and so useful from dark-ages or earlier to much later. Cheers

    ReplyDelete