Tuesday 15 February 2022

From MartinC - These Are Far Away (178pts)

 As a complete change of everything I've been painting 10mm Italian wars figures this week. Last year I built some 3D hex tiles to make maps to refight early 16th Century Italian wars . I had acquired a huge 10mm collection of Renaissance figures and had great fun fighting Bologna against Genoa etc. 

I still have a few to collect but wasn't in the mood for 10mm Landsknechts (is any one ever) so I painted these guys

2 regiments of arquebusiers

Simple blue or red jackets

The campaign has lots of random events to manage and one of the things I wanted to have was a peasant uprising. 


Peasant archers

Sorta Robin Hood (Robin Cappucino) and a command stand. 

As it is an Italian peasant uprising red shirts seemed appropriate but instead I gave them red hats. The herald is used as a movement marker on the map and so sits on an 8mm nut.

A slovenly peasant pike block, more red hats



Finally a peasant horde or villagers with pitchforks and monks with halberds and walking sticks

These units will form the core of the revolt and they will be able to recruit extra units based on how many hexes they own. As an uprising they will appear in conquered territories and fight either for the original owners, the Pope or themselves and form a new city state.

So Tamsin, hope you've counted them all. Good. I'll help

176 x 10mm infantry = 176pts
1x 10mm cavalry = 2pts
total = 178pts


I must say I'm glad that you tallied how many figures there are - very helpful! 178 points it is - not quite your usual points bomb, but a tidy entry nonetheless!

Tamsin

24 comments:

  1. Nice horde of revolting peasants Martin. Love the red hats.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Nice!
    That peasant horde is very characterful. The red accents really pop!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Good job, Martin! I like the peasant horde best, it really looks like a horde.

    ReplyDelete
  4. the red and blue really make them pop great basing as well!

    ReplyDelete
  5. Robin Cappucino will enjoy almost total support from the population...just saying...

    ReplyDelete
  6. Robin Cappucio and Maid Espresso vs the Sherriff of Latte, I like it. Well done Martin, that's a great horde, and even KenR might grudgingly admire that pike block even if it's not in a proper scale@ :)
    Coincidentally, one of the 3D sculptors I follow, Henry Turner, has been hinting about doing Italian Wars so I may be tempted to follow you. Couldn't do it in 28s but in 6 or 10mm it might be doable, as you've shown.
    Cheers, MikeP

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Italian wars are great. You only need 1 very large army of mercenaries and you can pick and mix. 10mm works well, I have a 3ft x 4ft permanant space to game on, so 10mm is great. I am planning to do Garibaldi in the near future, depends how much I spend at Hammerhead in 2 weeks

      Delete
  7. Lovely work Martin. Robin Cappuccino is inspired. I particularly like the 'slovenly mob'. Bravo!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. thank you, if you put robin hood in google translate it translates as robin hood 1. whereas hood = cappucino and robin is a massive word. Still got to do 3 Landsknecht crossbow regiments and 2 pike blocks, then I'm done, apart from Ottomans and I've got some Poles as well!

      Delete
  8. Now that’s a horde! Well done!

    ReplyDelete
  9. Those really do look like a coherent unit- nicely done

    ReplyDelete
  10. Great looking peasant horde! Plus there is the German peasants war,if you want to expand your scope!
    Best Iain

    ReplyDelete
  11. Excellent brushwork Martin. Love the horde of peasants!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. thanks, technically in KoW that is a legion, but a legion of peasants just sounds wrong

      Delete