Tuesday 15 February 2022

From SarahHC: The Chocolate (Cup)Cake Challenge


Hey Everyone!

At the start of this Challenge, myself & Natasha declared a challenge that the first one to meet our 50 point goal was to bake the other a chocolate cake.

The Challenge was met and declared a tie! Hooray! Cake!


First, I must tell you that I DON’T bake & I was a little intimidated by what I have gotten myself into. This years AHPC Challenge is certainly turning into a season of firsts for me!

Now to the logistics …. Recipes to read, Cakes to make, schedules to coordinate, party planning...

Unfortunately, Natasha wasn't able to join the regular gaming crew for the festive game night so I had to go solo. What to do?

The regular crew was set to game on Saturday Feb 12, and as Valentines Day (aka Chocolate Day!) was on Monday … 💡… with mixing bowls, whisks and baking tins organized, I set to work.  Voilà, Valentines Cupcakes to share with both the gaming crew and (virtually) with ALL of you lovely Challenge participants. Cake for Everyone!


Chocolate fudge cupcakes (gluten-free), filled with a home made raspberry & pomegranate liquor purée and topped with a whipped Buttercream frosting (first time using a frosting piping bag too!).


PeterD enjoying his chocolate cupcake during the game

Overall, I’m pretty happy with my efforts, and best of all, the cupcakes seemed to be appreciated by the group.

- Sarah



I'm sure it was meant to be a full-size cake you were meant to bake, but those cupcakes look more fiddly to have made, so I think we can let you off.

Thanks for sharing. I'm sure Tasha will be along to share photos of her cake(s) at some point.

Tamsin


14 comments:

  1. Twelve Cakes were definitely much more challenging than one!

    ReplyDelete
  2. I like how you photoshopped things to show Peter only eating one of them...

    ReplyDelete
  3. A very lucky gaming crew indeed! They look amazing!

    ReplyDelete
  4. Lucky gaming group! They look delicious and Peter seems to be enjoying his!

    ReplyDelete
  5. Very nice cakes! Next time, a miniature standing on the dressing? Not to eat, of course.

    ReplyDelete
  6. Well done Sarah, those cakes look delicious! I can't bake anything apart from brownies so I am mighty jealous now!

    ReplyDelete
  7. I wish I could have made 97 cub cakes and had them delivered to EveryOne in the Challenge … A Belated Happy Valentines Day

    ReplyDelete
  8. They were delish!. Tamsin, how much would it cost to get that picture of me stuffing my face deleted permanently?

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. It's pointless Peter, we have copies (and other pics as well). :)

      Delete
  9. They were superb. You really pulled out all the stops on these. I saved one of mine for next day's coffee and it was even better.

    ReplyDelete