Thursday 11 March 2021

AndrewB- WWI Ships(unknown pts)

 Hello folks!

Today’s miniatures are slightly more off the wall, but so needed a break and a project that’s easier to run with and complete.  This isn’t a Jutland type project, but one rather more limited in scope!  These are specifically chosen to represent the forces present at the Battle of Coronel in 1914.  




These are the forces of the East Asian squadron of the German Navy, as well as a British fleet.  A few of the more interesting vessels are an extremely outdated Royal Navy Canopus- class pre.dread battleship and a converted ocean liner.  I unfortunately seem to have missed a German ship in the ordering department, but it’ll get here some day.  

I have no idea what the points will be for these ships, but there are ten!  

Happy painting!

9 comments:

  1. I've got no idea either and I'm scoring you. what scale are they - they look either 1/2400 or 1/3000

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. A quick google search indicates these are 1/2400 scale and the going rate is 2 points a hull so 10 ships is 20 points (see how I did the math). I am awarding you 5 bonus points for the unique theme but also deducting 5 points because you have failed to heed the wise words of Tamsin and made your cranky minion actually do look something up - we tend to get cranky towards the end of the challenge

      Delete
    2. They do get cranky. It's true. In the last days I have to feed them a raw Challenger a day just to keep them happy... :)

      Delete
    3. more on the medium rare side for me please Curt!

      Delete
  2. nice work on those, reminds me I have an unpainted fleet laying around myself

    cheers
    matt

    ReplyDelete
  3. Great work, I’m a fan of TD ships. FYI Canopus was only 15 years old by the start of WW1, but as you say hopelessly outdated by newer ships. Compare that to the ancient hulls in service today in many navies.

    ReplyDelete
  4. Lovely pile of WW1 ships!
    Best Iain

    ReplyDelete