Thursday 11 March 2021

From TeemuL: The Great Beast at the Lair of the Great Beast (40 points)

The great ghost horde and the silent man with no name were left behind and Shellington started to calm down. He had some butterflies in his stomach, though, which he interpreted as a clear sign of being close to the principal's office. He had had that same feeling since he was a teenager and it had followed him since. "Well, almost there, then", he thought. "Probably just around the corner, or down those stairs", he continued when he entered yet another room. "I really should stop drinking, this place is getting to my nerves." He heard some noise behind him, some hissing and like loose stones rolling on the ground. He slowly turned, his eyes opened as wide as they could, his mouth was open and a silent scream left his lips while he fought against paralyzing and stepped backwards towards the stairs. A few steps and he half fell to the stairway and down to the Principal's office? The great beast continued hissing.

 
A Great Beast was asked, here he is. I'd say he is monstrous and nightmarish, terrifying and humongous. This one is of course a Tyranid beast from the Games Workshop WH40K range. I'm not an expert on Tyranids and I don't even know the name of this beast, I bought it assembled and primed among other Tyranids (some genestealers and gaunts) for a very cheap price. Yet again, start of a new army, this is the test model for colors and I quite like it. At first I only had an idea of black scales with bright orange stripes, but once I examined the model and started applying colors I decided to skip them, the yellow claws, fangs, spikes and other things are enough, I guess. Black and greens give him (or her?) a menacing, grim even military look, which in a way suits these beasts. Relatively quick to paint and I hope the other miniatures in the Tyranid range are as nice to paint as well.



It is painted completely in Contrast colors, except the base. Base is just sand glued on black painted base, brown wash and grey drybrush. I added couple of tufts as well. If I had more time, I would have added some skulls as well, but the Snowlord is waiting for me at the Altar. Yes, this is my last stop in the Chambers before the final challenge. 

One great beast in 28mm scale, I'd say it is about the size of a vehicle, so 20 points?

20 points for the Lair of the Great Beast room.

The base is screaming for skulls, but I'm too busy for that now, so no skulls, but 20 points for GW side challenge

14 comments:

  1. That is a nasty looking beasty

    cheers
    Matt

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks Matt, it is nasty one and I think I managed to find proper colors as well.

      Delete
  2. Great job on this beast Teemu!

    ReplyDelete
  3. This goes into the I’ve no idea what this is, but it’s a beast, it’s looks ferocious and it’s very nicely painted category

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I like your category! It is a huge space monster from other galaxy.

      Delete
  4. Replies
    1. Yes, and if minion agrees, I'll have 747 points which is almost like 69 for some people.

      Delete
  5. Splendid looking terrifying beast!
    Best Iain

    ReplyDelete
  6. Great looking Trygon. It looks very ferocious.

    ReplyDelete
  7. What a stonking great beast!

    (Needz moar skullz)

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Skulls would be nice, but I'm too busy to paint them. :)

      Delete