Saturday 1 April 2023

from RayR - Challange 13 Wrap up.


or I think I'm gonna need a bigger table?

Mistake No 1, I asked my daughter Holly, to take a couple of pics of me for this post, she took loads of pics, this was the one that looked like me the most.......and it doesn't look like me either. 

Well that went quick didn't it? I can't believe another Challenge is over and done with already? I could have carried on at that pace for another few weeks to be honest, I'm not sure my wife would agree though??
Thanks have gotta go to the Snow Lord Curt & Lady Sarah for putting up with all of our shenanigans over the past few months. Also thanks to Minion Stuart L, leader on the Saturday crew for all his hard work.

Thanks!!!!


I got a lot of figures painted, mostly 2mm of course, but sadly didn't manage to finish my Almansa 1707 project. Boooooo!


French


Spanish


Portuguese


English & Dutch


25's & 15's


And here's the Almansa figures out on the tabletop.
Hmm? I think I got my math wrong, the troops just fit on an 8 foot table!!!


I've included plain bases, in place where the missing units should be.


On the left are the French and Spanish and of course that puts the English, Dutch and Portuguese on the right.


The photos don't do the figures justice, so I made a small video, hope it works?


I wanna claim a victory though, I think I've painted the most figures in Challenge 13?

34 x  25mm figures
24 x 15mm figures
2mm
English, French & Dutch infantry 7680 figures
Portuguese & Spanish infantry 6528 figures
All Cavalry 2184 figures
Artillery 24 guns, 96 figures
Command figures 134 figures

For a total of 16646 2mm figures!!!


Here's my performance so far in all the Challenges

Challenge II 4940 points 1st
Challenge III 2586 points 4th
Challenge IV 1227 points 17th
Challenge V 691 points 37th
Challenge VI 681 points 36th
Challenge VII 1093 points 24th
Challenge VIII 662 points 40th
Challenge IX 2274 points 8th
Challenge X 1687 points 11th
Challenge XI 2260 points 8th
Challenge XII 2168 points 7th
Challenge XIII 1111 points 27th


Dunno what Holly did to my phone, I hope I don't really look like this???

30 comments:

  1. You do, Ray, you do! *lol*

    Well, I suppose blocks of 2mm figures is one way to paint the most figures! That was a great project, m'dear - hope you get the missing units finished soon. :)

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Some are painted already. Hopefully I'll get it all finished soon.

      Delete
  2. Definitely a contender for most work for the points with all of those tiny folk! And got to love those fish eye portraits 🐟 -- great job and look forward to seeing you again for your 13th outing next time

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Cheers Simon, I'm planning already for the next one!

      Delete
  3. Lovely photos Ray. Just how I remember you. I loved seeing your crazy 2mm project.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks Peter, glad you've enjoyed the project.

      Delete
  4. That’s a lot of figures Ray! Get yer finger out and finish that fantabulous project !

    ReplyDelete
  5. Epic! Fantastic work Ray. Love the video! BTW, you do actually look like the photos Holly took. :)

    ReplyDelete
  6. You had a great Challenge Ray, I absolutely loved your Almansa project! Great to see the armies all dressed up like this, the video is a nice touch. I also much appreciated your consistent supporting comments! Well done and until December for your 13th Challenge. Let’s hope it’s your lucky number!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. No problem Martijn, I'm glad you got some of your 2mm painted too.

      Delete
  7. Very interesting project, and funky photos to boot.

    ReplyDelete
  8. Well done on all the 2mm!

    ReplyDelete
  9. That is a lot of minis, Ray! I thought a small table would be enough for 2mm gaming, but apparently I was wrong. :)

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I worked out it would fit on a 6 foot table, I've never been good at Maths.

      Delete
  10. Very fine project,Ray! I see you have storage sorted already. This was one of my favorite projects this outing! How can you possibly do a 2mm project and need a bigger table!?
    Best and worst thing of daughters is their capacity to crush a dad's ego and still be loveable! 🤣

    ReplyDelete
  11. A great achievement. Your 2mm minis bases really look good once they are displayed on the table. See you next December

    ReplyDelete
  12. Great challenge Ray - and somehow your portraits are perfectly "on-brand" :) See you next time!

    ReplyDelete
  13. Just wait till the next joker comes along with a 1mm figure project and paints twice as many ;-)

    All kidding aside, that's great production and a good Challenge Ray! Congrats!

    ReplyDelete
  14. Fantastic job Ray, what a grand project Bravo mate.

    Cheers
    Matt

    ReplyDelete
  15. The tiny map markers were one of the standouts of the challenge for me!
    Best Iain

    ReplyDelete
  16. You did great Ray, love to see you go smallscale! The photo's are lovel, tell Holly she did very well!

    ReplyDelete
  17. What there's more troops you ned for this battle? Never let your kid photograph you! Great output, I enjoyed watching the project unfold.

    ReplyDelete