Thursday 11 March 2021

From JasperO: One man and his Lard (the Larder - 50 points)

With 10 days to go until the end of this year's Challenge, it's high time to get myself across the half-way point towards my own goal. To do so, I present my entry for The Larder. 

This vignette consists mostly of two sets from the Black Hussar Miniatures 7-Years War bakery range, but I figure it'll work well in a corner of my AWI tables. I've painted the workers in various colours that might be parts of a uniform, especially if this is the Continental Army.

The thief making off with a piglet is a Foundry figure from their civilian range. Size-wise, I suppose this is meant to be a child in torn pants. I painted his clothing as a sort of random combination of items he 'found' here and there, just like he did the piglet (and I see I forgot to paint the buttons on his vest - better do so quick!)

Overseeing the entire operation, perhaps the personification of the Larder, is a figure from a Eureka Miniatures 18th century civilians set. I find their range is very fun to paint, and it was interesting to attempt a fat face, generally a rarity in wargaming (figures).

This was a nice, colourful variety on all the green and brown that I've painted recently and with six figures and the Larder bonus, should net me 50 points and neatly across the midway point to my goal!

8 comments:

  1. Splendid collection of 18th century civilians, delightful work!
    Best Iain

    ReplyDelete
  2. These are great. I think that the man in charge has had a few croissants along the way

    ReplyDelete
  3. very good, as usual Jasper!

    ReplyDelete
  4. Brilliant combination of figures to perfectly fit this challenge. Great painting too! Cheers Jez

    ReplyDelete
  5. Smashing work Jasper! The vignette is a stonker and I love the grinning faces of those guys. You don't often see so much emotion in our figures, especially if it's not fear or anger.

    ReplyDelete
  6. Love 'em. Especially the chubby chap!

    ReplyDelete
  7. Jasper0, exquisite brush work.

    ReplyDelete
  8. Marvellous stuff, love the larger gent!

    ReplyDelete