Thursday 11 March 2021

BruceR, 28mm, Pulp Figures, Thuggee fighters with Martini rifles, 25 pts

Another group of Pulp Miniatures from the weekend.  These are Thuggee Fighters with Martini Rifles.  

These figures changed it up for me with painting the white clothing and head covers.  I took a rather "pop" style of white, with a grey base and ghost white highlight.   Also the skin tone was a challenge.  I did go to the Foundry triad for the skin over a rust brown base coat.  Again I can't say enough about these figures and the great character each figure has.  

Searching around the net on the Martini Rifle,  I discovered the model was brought to the middle east by the British Empire and copied by locals and produced in India/Afghanistan as knock offs in numbers.  One site astounded me by stating they found some of these rifles recently in the Fallujah area of Iraq. 

Here are my rebels, my allies, my hill men, who knows how I'll get them on the table.  Thanks to the challenge they are painted a ready.  

Brush On
  



WIP on my beer top, nail production line.


5 28mm = 25 pts.

Thanks
BruceR



 

5 comments:

  1. The Martini Henri was a fearsome weapon and copies were made in crude blacksmith shops on the Kyber pass. These are very nicely painted

    ReplyDelete
  2. Great looking fighters, martini henris and all!
    Best Iain

    ReplyDelete