Monday 18 March 2024

Iain W: last visit to the library 260 points

So this is my second library entry, sorry no map, overdue and returns. If Teemu can post Napoleonic Highlanders, I can post, Space Wolves! These are definitely overdue, I put this little army in a box and gave up on them when the "new" codex came out in 2009 and decided I'd given up on 40k and GW and haven't bought a 40k figure for myself since then. These won't get used for 40k,  I  got fed up painting  an army only to find the codex changed and I needed something else, doesn't happen with historical armies! 

One of the family wargamers said why don't we do do something with all the scifi figures we've got and having played a lot of Lion Rampant it was only natural to order during the Osprey sale Xenos Rampant and I thought I know that box thats been living in the loft and various lock ups, I'm sure I've got a Space Wolves army I could finish off and here it is, two units of blood claws a squad of grey hunters, long fangs, terminators, scouts, rune priest and some others I can't remember!  Good fun , easy to paint, you've got to give it to GW they're stuffs good and it was nice to step back in time and paint some space marines!  

Still back to Late Romans and Napoleonics after this!












So thats 48 x 5 for 28mm figures  240 plus 20 points for the location, a total of 260 points
Last post, thanks Curt it's been great fun and thanks to Sylvain and the Monday fossils and all the minions , I'm only sorry I haven't been able to comment as much as normal as I don't seem able to off my phone but I have read lots and am happy to be among your company! 
All the best 
Iain 

________________________________________________

From Napoleonics to Space Wolves - the shift in theme almost gives one whiplash! Wonderful work on these Sons of Fenris, Iain. Their grey, white and red livery looks great and I like that you've returned to these figures after 15 years - Just enough seasoning for proper painting, I think. I have to agree with your assessment of GW's rules and so am heartened to hear that you're using alternatives rules to give these figures the love that they deserve. One other ruleset I can recommend is One Page Rules. As I like to say, it gives you all the horse without the sh*t. :)

Even though you couldn't comment as much as you liked, it was wonderful having you with us again this year, Iain.  I hope to see you in the ranks with us again next winter.

- Curt

5 comments:

  1. Space wolves?!?!?
    Great work and have fun playing with them

    ReplyDelete
  2. Excellent Iain! Your Space Wolves look much better than my Highlanders. :D

    ReplyDelete
  3. They'll be a big force for Xenos Rampant!

    ReplyDelete