Monday 18 March 2024

From ByronM: Last dash to the end [Lady Sarah's Cart](40 points)

 It has been a super slow challenge for me with a lot going on this year distracting me, so I will be missing my points goal for the first time since being involved with the challenge.  Sigh....  Oh well, life goes on, and I may as well try to get a few last points up today.


First up is a Kingdom Death: Monster figure that I painted up for some bonus points with Sarah's Library Cart, to take a trip, hmm.... anywhere.... I don't plan on getting any other bonus points so it doesn't really matter where I go, I just had this female figure on the painting table to finish at some point.  

She is a survivor done up in leather gear (including the bondage face mask and gear) and has her Dom whip in hand!  Kingdom Death is not for the weak of heart, so she makes sure you can pass the test before letting you out of the settlement!


I was not sure on colours, other than the leather needing to be black or brown.  I went with a very Karen blue hair as I wanted something to contrast against the brown and flesh of the rest of the model, and I think it worked out well.


Next up I have 2 models that have been kicking around on my painting table for at least 2 years and maybe 3 or 4!  They are the last models for the Ten Thunders gang for Malifaux that got tucked behind a bunch of other stuff years ago when I did the other models of the gang and forgotten.  Since we haven't played in years, it hasn't been an issue.  However, we started talking about giving it another go recently so I figured I should get them done.  


The female is a caster of types to help out the rest of the faction, and the guy is a oni spirit that they bring with them to crush their enemies.  Not my best work, but they are done and table worthy.


Overall this should be 40 points.  10 for the 35mm KD figure, 20 for Sara's Library Cart, and then 5 for each of the Malifaux figures.  

I should be back later tonight for one last post, I am just trying to finish up my Turnip28 figures, but we will see how that goes.


Ha, you thought you'd escape me didn't you? No way! I won't miss minioning this absolutely stunning KD figure. The leatherwork is fantastic, you may have had your doubts about the colours but they work very well and the overall effect is fabulous. What a great piece! I think the photos don't do the Malifaux figures enough justice, but they look great too. A great post, Byron! I am not entirely sure about the maths, there is no 35mm category and it is not really possible to judge the size of the KD figure, so I went along with your suggestion and scored it as a 54mm figure. In any case 10 points seems fair. So, 40 in total,let's hope we'll see you back later today!

Martijn 







11 comments:

  1. I love the light and dark on the KDM figure!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Very cool mate. The hair is brilliant!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Thanks Martijn, I think your right about the points being off.. I didn't do any other KD this year but I think we scored them before as 7 or 8 points as they are much bigger than 28mm scale but not 54mm scale. If you want to knock off a few points feel free.... it's not like points get us anything and those few points don't get me to my goal anyway!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. No, it’s such a gorgeous figure! Just think of them as some well deserved bonus points!

      Delete
  4. Very nice work on the KDM figure. A very dark setting.

    ReplyDelete
  5. Wow, awesome work on these Byron!

    ReplyDelete
  6. This comment has been removed by the author.

    ReplyDelete
  7. Lovely finish on these figures!
    Best Iain

    ReplyDelete
  8. Sorry I missed these earlier - great work Byron!

    ReplyDelete