Monday 18 March 2024

From ByronM - Last post(?) - More Turnip28 and Arena Rex [35 points]

I seem to have gotten more done in the last week or two of the challenge than the whole rest of the challenge...  sigh.  Here goes, my final post of a very unproductive challenge.  I will keep this short and sweet as I am trying to get a piece of terrain done tonight as well... but we will see....

First up, I have the last unit for my Turnip28 force, 3 Bastards on horse(?)back.  These are 3D printed models that I felt really fit the setting, even though I would have preferred if they had some black powder weapons on them.  However, they just looked too cool to not include.



The one with the long trunk I have taken to calling Mr. Snuffelupagus, I have named the Monty Python style one Larry, Curly, and Moe (for the 3 people making up the "Horse"), and I have not yet named the last one.  They all have some very interesting features, extra legs, strange skulls, or shapes.


Lastly I have an Arena Rex figure, that is a spartan in a very cool leaping pose.  He has been sitting around for a long while and I finally got it painted.




Not a ton of points, but it should be 3x 28mm cavalry (10 points each) plus 5 for the Arena Rex figure, so 35 points.

__________________________________

Now, Byron, why couldn't you have been churning stuff out like this for the past three months?! Nevertheless, I LOVE those Bastards for Turnip28. I especially like the oversaturated red and the metallics you've used for them. Mr. Snuffelupagus is my favourite. The athletic Spartan dude is awesome too, but he needs to be holding a root vegetable to really pull with these guys. Great brushwork though!

Thanks for joining in with us, Byron and thanks again for being a Challenge sponsor. Until next year! :)

- Curt


11 comments:

  1. I have no one to game with but Turnip28 is so enticing. Really great "horses". The guys carrying the knight on a wooden frame are magnificent.

    ReplyDelete
  2. The Spartan is great! (Not that the other figures aren't as well!)

    ReplyDelete
  3. Crackin work Sir. Love the Spartan figure.

    ReplyDelete
  4. Brilliant work Byron - and the Turnip 28 in particular stands out, as ever...just SO whacky...

    ReplyDelete
  5. Awesome cavalry,whatever they are!
    Best Iain

    ReplyDelete
  6. Very colourful. Armoured snuffleluffagusses?

    ReplyDelete
  7. Those Turnips are really cool and so well done

    ReplyDelete