Tuesday 14 March 2023

From MartinC: Of Hornets and Fancy Cars (100pts)

 With the end of the challenge fast approaching I've been frantically working on my epic for the Snowlord. However I have been running side projects, if only to use up surplus paint

The Dwarfs have one last unit to complete, apart from the ones to build and the ones to base. I present to you The Hornet Squadron

These 3 gyrocopters are 3D resin from Etsy and only £4 each

They are beautifully made and full of detail. 

There is a commander, one with a flamethrower and one with 2 miniguns. They will form air support for my Dwarf invasionof Lustria - think Vietnam for Warhammer

Next up is a 1939 Deusenberg Simone Coupe. This Lady Sarah did one of these earlier. I got mine from Kore Games at Hammerhead.

It was either going to be shiny red or shiny black. Went for red, obviously

Finally a random ancient Greek female figure from Footsore. It's a resin cast and I hate it. It was ugly to paint

But it's done now, and I didn't want to end on it.

One more post to go, probably

Scores on the doors

3x dwarf gyrocopters and crew = 3x25=75
1x28mm flash car = 20
1x 28mm rubbishy figure = 5

Total =100


I do love those dwarf gyros, and that Duesenberg is a spectacular model. 

Tamsin

20 comments:

  1. Nice work on the lot, Martin! Including the troublesome Amazon. I quite like the car, it looks very sporty in red!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Dwarves in helicopters? Whatever next? Nice work though Martin.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Love the car. Another great random stuff entry

    ReplyDelete
  4. Excellent dwarf gyros and motor!
    Best Iain

    ReplyDelete
  5. A great dwarves gyrocopter squadron, Martin. And the car is marvellous!

    ReplyDelete