Tuesday 14 March 2023

From DaveD - last of the Derr-Flingers - Necromunda (25 pts)

 Hey it’s yet more green guys . Here are some additions to my Necromunda Van Saar gang, the “Derr-Flingers” . I picked up a few of the ridiculously expensive Forgeworld resin pieces to finish off the gang. .A  leader, champions and dodgy looking spider thing Arachnids with sharp bits . I have continued them in my trademark green theme . Lizard Green Vallejo Xpress paint with a smidgen of highlights has seen them knocked out this week . 

 

For the price I think there is some serious pi@@ taking going on . I don’t think the resin was that well cast either . GW get very little of my hubby money so hey ho -it is what it is 



 
So here is the full gang 

 

Overall I am very pleased with the end result.

JamesM and I are meeting up tomorrow to give these lads and one of his other new gangs a run out . What could possibly go wrong - will anyone hit anything I ask . Anyway it has to be done to get it out of the way. MartinC set a very low (or is it high?) bar of how badly a new gang could do last time we fought . I am looking forward to getting a game in as temporarily rejoining the world of work is a pain.

So 5 x 28mm = 25 points . I may be in touching distance of doubling my target by challenge end - we shall see . I have also posted something every week which is a little challenge Martin and I set each other . 




Good luck with your game tomorrow - always a risk using newly painted figures!

Tamsin


20 comments:

  1. Love these guys, Dave. The green is brilliant (literally)!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Cheers - it seems to be a good colour combo

      Delete
  2. I really like your gang, Dave! The green suits them well. I share your views on the forgeworld bits as the quality has diminished especially with the other resin makers out there. Fw is hard to resist with some of the character models they have. Those spider things are pretty cool though!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks - yes indeed it was the great figures that win out . I like the spider things !

      Delete
  3. Ricky and brilliant Dave. God luck exceeding Martin's standard in which ever direction you intend. If you're going to fail you might as well go all in and fail brilliantly.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I do hope only to achieve a fraction of Martins crap dice , but who knows!

      Delete
  4. cool, bet I couldn't shoot them

    ReplyDelete
  5. Very insect driven. The green is marvelous. Well done.

    ReplyDelete
  6. I agree with previous comments,m excellent work with the green tones

    ReplyDelete
  7. Splendid looking Van Saar types!
    Best Iain

    ReplyDelete
  8. As I said before: Derr-flingers? Really? But there’s no denying they look very good!

    ReplyDelete
  9. Nice work- I like the spiders!

    ReplyDelete