Tuesday 14 March 2023

From BenitoV: A Motorbike and Some Green Devils (35 points)

In this very final lap of the Challenge I continued with the WW2 Germans. On the one hand, I have painted the last motorbike with sidecar for my Chain of Command motorized infantry unit.





 

As in the previous two weeks, this a resin 3D printed model from Eskice

 


 

This week I have recovered some leftovers from an old project in our club to recreate the airborne attack on Crete in 1940. I painted and officer and a couple of LMGs in the early war jumpsuit gear. 






Unfortunately, I did not notice until today that one of the weapons is a German MG model 42....impossible to have jumped on Crete. The mistake originated in the Warlord's plastic German paratroopers box, which combines both early and later war models. When I assembled the models, I distributed in two boxes the early and the late, but I may have mixed up this specific model. In any case, too late.

Another 35 points bagged today and getting very close now to my 700 points target in the Challenge. I expect to reach the mark during the Saturday and Sunday frenzy.




Those all look fantastic, Benito! I wouldn't worry over much about the MG42 - at tabletop viewing distance it probably won't be noticed.

Tamsin

18 comments:

  1. Splendid work on the Germans, Benito! I like the airborne troops too...I won't quibble on the wrong gun though. Just say he acquired it from a Dutch trader. That is our excuse for Rev war and civil war muskets being used for French and Indian war reenactments! ;)

    ReplyDelete
  2. Great work. No one else will notice the MG, at least no one that you want to play with.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. You don't know how picky some of my club mates could be XD

      Delete
  3. Lovely painting again Benito

    ReplyDelete
  4. Great work to your usual Hugh standard - well done

    ReplyDelete
  5. Great looking minis, Benito. I especially like the motorcycle and sidecar. Well done.

    ReplyDelete
  6. Excellent motor bike and sidecar, your usual lovely clean finish, admirable full disclosure about the mg42 they look so good everyone must forgive you 😀!
    Best Iain

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I work in a Compliance Department for some time...

      Delete
  7. Excellent work, Benito! Obviously, I spotted the wrong gun in a blink of the eye. What is the world coming to, I ask you. You might have missed some buttons too. But seriously, nobody is going to notice and your brushwork is brilliant as always!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Ah! Buttons! What boring would be the 7YW and the Napoleonic Wars gaming without a nice discussion about buttons!: gold or silver? two or three? Horizontal or vertical? XD

      Delete