Tuesday 14 March 2023

From Curt: 'Toot! Toot! Parp! Parp!' 10mm Steam Tanks (20 Points)

 

Hey There!

Thank you Tamsin, for letting me once again shoulder-in with your Tuesday Terrors. As we all know, I may be the Idea Guy, but it's Tamsin who's instrumental in keeping this mad menagerie rattling along in the right direction. Thank you Tamsin for all your help this year - it's always wonderful having your at the helm to shepherd our Tuesday entries.

__________________________________________

Another day, another unit of wee Empire guys to add to my slowly growing army. Today's reinforcement is a trio of Steam Tanks, fresh from the artificers and foundries of Nuln.

I have a soft spot for the Steam Tank as one of these was the centerpiece of my Warhammer Empire army for many a year. Granted, it usually blew up spectacularly, but it was always entertaining to have puttering around on the tabletop.

While there are some lovely 3d prints for the Empire Steam tank, I still love the heft (however slight) of the white metal originals, so I ran with a handful of them instead.

I quite like that the base size for To the Strongest allows me to place three of these beasties chugging away. I figure a trio of them are a bit more imposing than just a single vehicle, especially with these massed units on the tabletop. 

And here are the steamtanks arrayed with the rest of the existing Empire contingent.

For points, these three infernal machines should give me a base of 18 points, with say another point for the three crewmen gesticulating madly from their hatches.

Thanks again Tamsin, and I hope all have a great day.

- Curt



Awww, shucks! It's always* a pleasure to help out with this li'l ole Challenge, and always** a treat to minion your eclectic, often bizarre entries.

I do love these little steam tanks - very colourful. I'm going to give you two points for the crewmen, just to round this up to 20 points.

Tamsin


* well...almost always!

** definitely always

25 comments:

  1. Brilliant stuff dude, a Panzer wedge of steam!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Haha, yes! And they also serve as big, mobile espresso machines. The Empire is very well caffinated.

      Delete
  2. Great looking Steam Tanks, Mr Curt!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Replies
    1. As steam things go, they are quite good, thanks!

      Delete
  4. Again with the missing the Old World. Well done Curt, these are marvelous. Another great year. Thanks early.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Yep, I miss it too. Delighted you had a good season of it, Bruce.

      Delete
  5. Good idea to go colourful with them, they look great. The whole army looks brilliant and really tickles my Old World brain - I look forward to seeing the rest of the army!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I felt they warranted a bit of Old School colour. You can't take these things too seriously. :)

      Delete
  6. Splendid trio of steam tanks, one of the best bits of an empire army!
    Best Iain

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I have to agree. These and the menace-to-all Volley Guns.

      Delete
  7. Your army is coming along nicely, these steam tanks are awesome!

    ReplyDelete
  8. Those are lovely in the wee scale, Curt! I have never had one myself, but I think if I were to fall down the rabbit hole of Warmaster.... well I'm going to save this for inspiration and maybe if I do I will build ALL the named Empire steam tanks including the battlewagon inspired one. ;)

    ReplyDelete
  9. More excellent Empire work here Curt. Super jealous that you have metal originals.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I'll have to provide the origin story for my collection of Warmaster metals - it's a little illicit. :)

      Delete