Sunday 11 February 2018

From ByronM - Yet another unit of Greek Spartans (80 points)

 Once again, more started than finished this week, but then I was out of commission for 2 days with a flu bug so that explains some of it.

All I managed to actually finish this week was the unit of Greek Spartans with black lambdas.  I had meant for the last unit of Spartans to be the third colour of decal that I had, but screwed up and made them red.

This gives me an 8th unit for my Greek forces, so I am technically 1/2 done what I wanted to get done for the challenge this year for them.  Too bad its past the 1/2 way point in the challenge!
With this group of Warlord (Immortal) figures done, it is onto other manufactures for a little while at least.  I have more of these left, but they are still in boxes, and with a bunch of Foundry and Victrix figures here and ready to paint, I am going onto them for the coalition forces that will be fighting the Spartans.

While I am doing all Greeks for the era and making them as two separate forces, they are being done so that they can be used together as a large force against Persians at some future date. The two forces will be Spartans and allies vs Athenian and allies.  With 4 core units of Spartans done, 3 allied units, and only 1 Athenian unit, its time to worry about the Athenians for a while.

___________________________________________

Well  done Byron, you are certainly getting through them and surely you can get the other half done before the end of the challenge?  No need for the shoes and socks to come off for the maths, a straightforward, but still impressive, 80 points! 

8 comments: