Thursday 28 February 2019

From Guy B: : Thursday - Lighthouse (missed the bonus round) 10 points

I've recently been playing a number of games of Cruel Seas. I ran a game at Poldercon 2019 for which I painted up several ships. I'll post these next week - I was unsure what to cost them as.
One of the items I didn't quite get painted in time for the Poldercon demo was a Lighthouse. The model is by Warlord Games. I started with a grey primer undercoat which was dry brushed with Army Painter Spaceship Exterior followed by Vallejo Off White. The finished model looked a bit dull, so I added a red stripe.

Finally, I did the windows on the top of the model. The glass was painted a dark grey, then each window painstakingly picked out in white. Once dried, I then went around and each window painting it blue, starting with a Prussian Blue and adding a little bit more white each time. I'm quite pleased by the effect, which I wanted to be at twilight.
The rocks are from a railway company (Faller, I think). there were bought 'as is' so I've not painted them and I'm using them for show, not for points.

Warlord also has a ruined lighthouse, which I'll have to paint up to match this one for our games.
Points - I'm not sure. It's not quite a 6" cube so I'll tentatively suggest 10 points. There would have been a bonus of 50 points if I'd posted last weekend, but guess who misread the bonus round dates? Oh well, there's always the next one...


Lovely finish on this lighthouse, you're dedication is evident in the painting of the windows! I really like the red stripe and look forward to the ruined version coming through at a later date. It's oh so easy to miss the bonus rounds which most of us have found to our cost! So no extra 50 points but 10 points to your total!

All the best Iain

9 comments:

  1. Ver nice work Guy, love that lighthouse. Having sailed along the Breton Coast in my dad's sailboat I can tell you that both eh lighthouse and the rocks look spot on!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Well done - Curt was kind enough to put on a game of "Cruel Seas" during his visit to Winnipeg last week, and it was a hoot - I can see why it is so popular with so many Challenge participants. This lighthouse will look great on a "Cruel Seas" table!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Lovely looking lighthouse, very picturesque. The windows at the top are fantastic.

    ReplyDelete
  4. Great scenery Guy, I was unable to attend Poldercon but maybe next year.

    ReplyDelete