Tuesday 23 February 2021

From KyleC - Tomb - Skeletal Force - 985pts

 Ok so apologies.. I had hoped to have some of this painting done sooner, but February has been a tough month to get through.. more so than January and that was quite bleek. And being as how it was all bleek it was a good time to get into the Undead force I have been printing in the background here. Or at least the Heroes and Core Units for it. 


And um.. yeah it might be a bit of a points dump as well here.. but it was more that it all fit the chamber criteria best so... sorry?

So it is for a new game system ( to me anyways ) that our local club wants to get into post lockdown. Game is called Oathmark. It has the old fantasy battle feel for it, but with the ability to mix and match units and races based on how you build up your kingdom. I picked undead/humans for the most part, with the main reason being I had a ton of Skeleton Files from Patreons that I wanted to print up, and then I got a bit carried away! 

So here is the Lord of the Kingdom, Ostoc Bardolf of Festerthorne, Head Lich Priest of the kingdom. Model is from Warploque Miniatures Digital range ( and excuse the blurry shots.. am trying to relearn the proper camera here.. not quite there yet ). 

The rest of the characters have yet to be named, but taking suggestions! 

His backup Lich Priest by Highlands Miniatures


Revenant General by Loot Studies


Vampire Lord by Loot Studies


Vampire Lord by Archvillian Miniatures


The 3 amigos.. of Revenant Captains




Skeleton Champion by Asgard Rising


Revenant Champion by Archivillian Miniatures


Then I did up 3 units of each Archers, Soldiers ( Sword and Shield), and Spearmen. All being a mix of Warploque and Highland Miniature files. Each unit was 20 models. 





And then of course the Tombs from which they crawl out of.. I had planned to paint up a church to go with it, but then one of the Kickstarters I have backed announced that we will be getting a church from it.. so the one I have is tiny in comparison, so it got back burnered for now. 

The larger tomb entrances I found on thingiverse, so not sure where they are from exactly. Caretaker skeleton by Warploque. And Viking burial tombs by Asgard Rising. 


All told it is 191 models, and half a box of terrain pieces? So that's about...

191*5 = 955 pts
Half a box of terrain = 10 pts? Maybe less?
Chamber Challenge = 20 pts
Giving this post 985 pts there about? I had thought about doing up one more unit to make it 10 full units to show off, but my airbrush decided to spit its dummy out and have a fit, and I don't have energy to deal with it right now to work on another unit. 

Expect more from this army in the following posts, and chambers, as they seem to fit nicely for level 3. And more so that I have a lot of the more special units to tackle.. just have to adjust without an airbrush potentially... 



Unholy crap! I'm getting all the treats today! That is one heck of a points bomb, Kyle. And one heck of a backdrop for the photos - will we be seeing all those 3D-printed buildings painted up sometime soon?

Tamsin



20 comments:

  1. Replies
    1. Cheers bud.. brings me back a bit closer to you once again ;) Let's see how March goes for us both eh? :D

      Delete
  2. For Tamsin... I hope to get the wall painted up, but not sure if it will be within this comp.. might have to just post it up in a normal blog post as I suspect it will be a bit of a task to get that sorted out!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Woa serious points bomb! The mass is so impressive but also love the detail. Difficult deciding which character figure I like best ... might go for Skeleton Champion. Cheers Jez

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Skeleton Champion is quite nice, and I have more of him to paint up for this force as well. But those files are a lot more thin than the others..

      Delete
  4. Awesome! No need to apologize for the bomb - this army is superb. I think the Vampire Lord is my favourite.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks Curt.. been a slog to get through February but again was nice to see it all together there..

      Delete
  5. Wow! That's impressive! Quantity and quality, the characters are ace!
    Best Iain

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks Iain.. though am not as much of a fan of the characters now that I see them more up close.. my eyesight is really going it feels like..

      Delete
  6. That is a jaw dropping entry. Well done on your massive points bomb.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Cheers Stuart. Was good to get this much done so far.. and have another army of models now to play with as well!

      Delete
  7. Replies
    1. 188 from what I can see... 3 on the Lich Priest, 1 for the second Lich Priest, 1 for the champion, 3 on the tomb picture ( 2 buried skeletons in the viking tombs ), and then 180 in the units.

      Delete
    2. Don't forget the banners!

      Delete
    3. Dang you are right.. forgot about the unit banners! so 194 then ( 3 per banner ). But it's ok.. I have something up the printing sleeve for more Skulls in a future post ;) Should be fun :D

      Delete