Friday 11 March 2022

From SebastianR: Ladies, both vampire and ghoul [Solaris][Star Yacht] (50pts)

This post, and the models featured in it have been a long time coming. The past few months have been dominated by a dying (now dead) cat, a case of covid and a punishing period at work.

But I find whenever I return to put a little bit of paint on a figure, I buy myself some peace.

So lets keep things brief.

A Lahmian vampire, a strip down and repaint of one of my final pre-univercity figures. Definitely a candidate for deception and illusion given their representation as seducers in the warhammer universe and the general portrayal of female vampires in fiction.

I think there's supposed to be some nip on the model, but that's not how we roll at maison du Seb

I dont have a picture of her pre-stripping, but I'm quietly proud of how my painting has evolved.

I mean, it's been over a decade, you'd hope right?

A female ghoul, the last of my ghoul clan, and my ticket onto the Star Yacht.

It's not 100% clear, but the baby seems unfazed, so I've decided it's a ghoul baby

She certainly looks protective (also an easier paint job)

The gang's all here, thanks Heresy

That should be 10 points for 2 28mm figs and 40 bonus points for a total of 50pts


From DaveD  Fine additions to the gang alright - 50 it is 

11 comments:

  1. Nice work. Love the poor in the skirts.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Excellent female vampire and ghoul!
    Best Iain

    ReplyDelete
  3. The ghoul baby is the stuff of nightmares! Well done!

    ReplyDelete
  4. I am not really into ghouls, although the painting is great, but that vampire sure takes my fancy, with her little companion. Great job!

    ReplyDelete
  5. Nice painting especially like creepy Ghoul ...

    Cheers Jez

    ReplyDelete
  6. So many questions about ghouls now, didn't know that they reproduced! Terrific work and a gentlemanly thing not to show the vampre while strpping. :)
    Cheers, MikeP

    ReplyDelete
  7. Reminds me of the painting ’Saturn devouring his son’.

    ReplyDelete