Friday 11 March 2022

From JasperO: Convoy through the smoke (45 points)

I’ve had this resin Maultier sitting around for years - I believe it’s an Anyscale Model, but it’s a one-piece casting whereas the model Anyscale currently offers consists of three pieces, plus the tilt. Anyhoo… I’m still working on that some trucks for WSS and this qualifies. I filled it up with various bits and pieces from many sets, and added a Perry sitting German from their set for the SdKfz 7 for some extra interest. 


I have built a Rubicon and a Warlord Games Opel Blitz as well, which left me with an extra towing hitch, which this model was lacking. So I added that, and I figured, since the triangular marker is up, it needed to have a trailer as well. As it happens, the Rubicon Flak30 comes with an optional ammunition trailer, so I suppose this Maultier belongs to a Flak Abteilung.



Finally, and unrelated to the above, I have some nicely 3D-printed smoke markers from Sabotag3D. I just based them and airbrushed them from dark grey to light grey. I suppose that, like trees, you never have enough smoke markers, so I’ll need more, but this seems like a good start.



Bit of a rambling blog… The deadlines are coming thick and fast these weeks, trying to catch up with Covid-related delays. The Maultier should be 25 points (including the passenger). Five more for the trailer? The smoke markers fill about a 3x3x3” box, so that’s 1/8th of 20 points? I’ll leave it up to the gentle mercies of the Minions…

From DaveD - Well who doesn't appreciate a half track truck . The trailor is a nice extra piece , and the smoke works well - i will make this a 45 pointer

11 comments:

  1. Nice truck and smoke markers, Jasper! :)

    ReplyDelete
  2. The trucks are awesome, but as a newcomer this is the first time I’m seeing smoke markers and I’m quite taken with them!!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Really love that Maultier, great job!

    ReplyDelete
  4. Lovely truck and markers!
    Best Iain

    ReplyDelete
  5. Wow, fabulous work Jasper.

    ReplyDelete
  6. Great vehicle painting!
    Cheers Jez

    ReplyDelete
  7. Great work on kitbashing this truck kit and the smoke markers. Jerry in the truck seems seems serenely calm amidst the explosions.

    ReplyDelete
  8. Good looking stuff,Jasper! Great halftrack and good looking smoke.

    ReplyDelete
  9. Excellent looking vehicle Jasper. The passenger doesn't look too worried about all that smoke going off around him!
    Cheers, MikeP

    ReplyDelete
  10. Good work! The smoke would work well as explosions.

    ReplyDelete