Friday 11 March 2022

From TomG - 300 Shades of Grey - 15mm Warlord Games ACW (600pts)

Grey, grey and more grey, that has been the order of the week, and although I've struggled to get more painting done, I knew that if I just kept plugging on I would get there in the end. Well 300 more tiny men later, and I'm now a third of the way through the Confederate contingent of a game I would love to run one day. 

Each regiment this time also had banners attached, and I picked the Texan banners purely on the basis that I had three regiments and there were three flags on the sheet of banners. However the keen eyed amongst you will notice I made a small mistake on the final banner, and I humbly beg your forgiveness. 



Each regiment, like the last update, have been painted using Games Workshop Contrast paints with the only exception being the bedrolls. I've used these to nominally denote different groups for when I do get to play with them, but it is just as much to break up the sea of muted tones.



The hardest part of painting all of these, was basing them, simply because the gap between each strip of men was so narrow it was difficult to get glue and flock to settle. However, with some addition of a long thin brush and a relaxed mentality of covering up shoes, I was pleased to see the bases come together. 



So now we come to the end of all things, and with only a week and a bit left until the end of the challenge I doubt any more of these little chaps will make it out in time, but I can't thank you all enough for the support and care you've shown me. I feel empowered to finish this project, hopefully before the next challenge comes around! 

This year has started badly for me, with great suffering and family strife, but the challenge has given me something to hold on to, and to focus on; and for that I will be eternally grateful. 

But here I end this post with a lovely great big chunk points:

300 x 15mm @ 2pts each = 600pts

Stay safe, be well and hold those you love close. 

Tom. 

From DaveD
Oh my thats a big Friday points KABOOM. I do actually really like the close order jam packed ranks of these - you've done a fine job bringing them to life . Good to hear the challenge has helped you through things too .

13 comments:

  1. That's a great points bomb, Tom! :)

    ReplyDelete
  2. Great to see them in mass, you've done a sterling job on them. Good luck finishing the remainder!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Nice grey bomb, Tom! Looks very nice!

    ReplyDelete
  4. Great looking rebels Tom. I had to look hard to find the flag issue, so if you didn’t bring it to my attention I wouldn’t have noticed. Take care of yourself.

    ReplyDelete
  5. Congrats on getting this points bomb done Tom.

    ReplyDelete
  6. Great looking mob of Confederates, they look ace,with nice basing!
    Best Iain

    ReplyDelete
  7. Impressive points bomb! I’m very sorry to hear you’ve had difficulties this year. I hope the balance of the year brings you happiness

    ReplyDelete
  8. This comment has been removed by the author.

    ReplyDelete
  9. You are a brave man! These figures brought me to my knees last year, you have done them up soon much better, kudos mate!

    ReplyDelete
  10. Those have come out really well. I can’t notice the covered shoes!

    ReplyDelete