Tuesday 2 February 2021

From DaveS - 'Allo 'Allo - French Partisans

 I have continued to work on the French Partisans that I plan on using for Bolt Action.  This time, I have the start of a second squad, and a pre-war 75mm Howitzer for support.


First we have the body of the squad, 6 troops with rifles, one with a Panzerfaust.  These are a mix of Warlord's French Partisans, and their Russian ones. Their leader has a sash, which I have attempted to paint as a French flag.  There is also the Partisan in a Trenchcoat that someone was wishing for.



As part of this squad, I also have the light machine gun and loader.  These were real pigs to photograph at all well.  I also noticed during painting that the gunner has no bipod for his machine gun.  The plan is to either make one in the future, or to balance the gun barrel on something else (maybe sandbags) when I manufacture some.  For now, he will just have to be wildly inaccurate instead.



Finally, we have an artillery option, in the form of the 75mm Howitzer.  This caused me some issues, as I was torn as to what colour to paint it.  Eventually, I went with an artillery blue, figuring that this was an older gun that had not been repainted, and small enough caliber to have never been painted in camo.  However, since I know almost nothing about French guns, I could be completely wrong.  It does, however, look good with the rest of the forces.


So that should be 12 28mm models at 5pts each, plus a crewed gun at 10pts, for a total of 70 points.



" 'Allo London, zees ees Missus Nighthawk calling..."

These are obviously the Communist resistance - the de Gaullists were all in berets, brown raincoats and wearing white ankle socks...

I'm sure you already have a certain cafe owner and his staff from Artizan's "Thrilling Tales" range (and if not, maybe you'll be ordering them now I've made the suggestion).

Tamsin

9 comments:

  1. Zees are really good, the Fallen Madonna with the big boobies will be returned to French hands soon 😄
    Regards KenR

    ReplyDelete
  2. Delighted to see the trenchcoat! The resistance look to have been well supplied with support!
    Best Iain

    ReplyDelete
  3. Listen very carefully, I will say this only once ... these are excellent Dave.

    ReplyDelete
  4. Great looking partisans. That Bren gunner has Popeye forearms! :) Tamsin's right, Artizan has some lovely castings that would fit right in with this project.

    ReplyDelete
  5. Excellent partisans Dave. The others have mined the Allo Allo jokes sufficiently

    ReplyDelete
  6. Nice work on these patriots. I like the blue for the artillery, it makes it look less like a standard WW2 army piece and more like something dragged out of mothballs.

    ReplyDelete
  7. They look good, but await that bipod!

    ReplyDelete
  8. Awesome, all we need now are exploding chickens and a sausage with a hidden painting inside...

    ReplyDelete