Tuesday 2 February 2021

From MattK - Necromunda, WW1 Germans, and Cavemen (125 pts)

 Rather Eclectic mix this time around.

First up, I just finished one of the forgeworld bounty hunters, Ortruum 8-8, for my Necromunda games. 


The photo doesn't show it but he has some surprising heft to him. 

I finally got back into painting historical stuff this week as well. I've had the Blood and Valor Rules, and these Wargames Atlantic Germans since their release but I just got around to putting paint on them this week. Super easy to paint and puts me one step closer to playing the game. 


Finally, I've had these figures in my collection for a year or so now and never opened them until this week. I don't know what grabbed me to do Cavemen but theres a game I missed on Kickstarter called Primevo that I'm dying to get my hands on so I figured I'd get a jump start on the figures for once. All of these were painted almost entirely with Contrast paint, which I'm definitely warming to.

Here are 4 Cavemen Characters


And two blisters worth of general Cavemen


So all together 25 x 28mm figures at 5 points a piece nets me 125 Points


That's certainly eclectic, what with over 40 millenia spanned. I do like those cavemen - hope you've got some prehistoric beasties for them to defend against!

Tamsin

13 comments:

  1. Great cavemen! Contrast paints you say!?!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Yeah! I'm doing a write up that will go live after the 24 hours here, on my blog. Its literally just Darkoath Flesh, Snakebite Leather, and Wyldwood for most of it. I Think the sculpting style lends it self super well to it.

      Delete
    2. Thanks - I'll check that out!

      Delete
  2. Lovely brushwork. That bounty hunter is very strange. I'd like to see more photos of it. Also love those cavemen.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Thats one eclectic mix of figures, all really well done 👏
    Regards KenR

    ReplyDelete
  4. Lovely mixed bag,the bounty hunter is ace!
    Best Iain

    ReplyDelete
  5. Wonderfully varied mix of figures.

    ReplyDelete
  6. Nicely painted set of minis. Those cavemen look great.

    ReplyDelete
  7. I think there is a trick to using contrast paints and I think you've nailed it.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks! I agree. They aren't quite as "fire and forget" as they're sold. In particular, the flesh benefits from a layer of Panzer Aces Flesh Base to smooth out some of the more shaded areas. Either way, it only took a couple of hours for the whole batch.

      Delete
  8. Looks like one skull on the cavemen! Great variety!

    ReplyDelete
  9. Great collection of well painted miniatures Matt!

    ReplyDelete