Thursday 16 February 2023

From TeemuL: Three Passengers (12 points)

I am one of the volunteers of a local Scout Movement group and it would be boring, if there would be no fun for adults. So yesterday we had one of the fun evenings only for adults and we practiced painting miniatures... The organizer had bought some scale railway miniatures, which were available in Finland. She ordered some actual scout minis from UK, too, but the difficulties of Royal Mail are still unsolved. These are from the Preiser set "Passengers, passers-by,travellers", which in in 1/43 scale, very close to the O scale of railway models. These were white plastic and mostly one piece, the suitcase of the gentleman required gluing. They were not primed, just straigthly painted over the plastic (this might horrify some of you), but were nice to paint. I used my own Citadel paints and even some washes on the skin and other areas while others used some acrylic paints from tubes. These three were painted in one and half hours while trying to give some hints to the others, so they are by no means neat. There's an event next week, where these (and others) are hidden here and there and one activity is to locate them. I don't know much of that, yet.



The gentleman and elderly lady have a blue scout neckerchief painted on them, but the lady on the right doesn't. It just didn't look good on orange dress and green hair. The green hair is intentional to give a message that scout movement is for everyone and it is not any old and conservative organization.


The models are roughly 28mm in scale, but they lack the bases, so I suggest 3*5 points for the models and -3 bonus points for not having bases, making it 12 in total.

Minion Miles: What Model Rail Roading creeping into the challenge - BLASPHEMY!!!!!  Well maybe not, I'm thinking of something Scale next year

15 comments:

  1. Thanks Miles! It is a bit far fetched for this Challenge, but there are some scale models, so I thought I'd give a try. :)

    ReplyDelete
  2. Railway models! How very dare you!! 😉 Nice painting though. I must admit I recently visited our local railway club annual show out of curiosity and I might have bought some 3D printed bits of scatter terrain whilst there. After seeing the price of trains though I realise that wargaming may not be the most expensive hobby after all!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. It wasn't my choice, but I thought they might count for the Challenge. :)

      Delete
  3. Nice paint work but I've always found railroad minis a bit creepy, un-natural in their poses and sculpting

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I guess they are more like terrain in the railroad models, where the focus in the trains. They are realistically scaled, but I don't know if they are as interesting as our gaming pieces.

      Delete
  4. Nice work Teemu. The Preiser figures are nice, but as you say boring. But then again most of us are dressed pretty boringly in our day to day live.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks Peter! Yeah, everyday us are not very dynamically posed. :)

      Delete
  5. Nice! Even before I read the post I saw the photo and thought “those look like Preiser figures,”. I love your guts, Teemu, well done!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks! They are good, but of course more for dioramas, I guess.

      Delete
  6. Like those nice work,
    thought they were 1/72 as the miniatures are the prieser are same in both scales

    ReplyDelete
  7. Nice work! Fun to see railways creeping in.

    ReplyDelete