Thursday 16 February 2023

From Codsticker: Footsore Miniatures Dark Ages Welsh (60pts)

As I enjoy Dark Ages/Early Medieval wargaming I bought into the Footsore Miniatures Kickstarter a few years ago. I got a number of packs, trying to build units that would work in Saga and/or Lion Rampant. To that end, I bought 12 archers.


There are 4 different sculpts, including one with an arrow knocked:

Every aspect of these figures is beautifully sculpted:


I quite like the Book of Kells hair style on this miniature:

As they would probably be from less advantageous stock I declined to paint trim or patterns on their clothing:


I very nearly finished 4 mounted Variags of Khand but they will have to wait until next week.

No complex math here (sorry Miles): 12 28mm models @ 5pts each equals 60 pts. 

From TeemuL: First I apologize, I try to minion this by phone and I guess I have destroyed some styling at least. I hope all the photos and texts are there. But to the point, very nice archers.  The minis look great and your painting does them justice.

12 comments:

  1. You're right Rob, those are lovely sculpts and you've done them proud with your excellent brushwork. Such great character. Well done.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Splendid sculpts and painting!
    Best Iain

    ReplyDelete
  3. Great stuff - I think Footsore are my "go-to" figures at the moment and hoping to paint some up later for the challenge.
    Cheers JezT

    ReplyDelete
  4. Lovely painting on a great range of figures but best of all they are Welsh valleyboys!

    ReplyDelete
  5. Those are lovely sculls and you've really done them justice. I was sorely tempted by that Kickstarter.

    ReplyDelete
  6. A very fine job on those archers!

    ReplyDelete
  7. Great looking minis, Codsticker. There's nothing like "huge gangs of tough sinewy men roam the valleys terrorising people with their close-harmony singing". ;^)

    ReplyDelete