Thursday 16 February 2023

From AndrewB: Artsy and housey Romans and Pirates?(Arthouse)(135pts)

Ladies and Gentlemen, a whole raft of 28mm odd figures here! As a part of my efforts to finish random projects and cover lead, I’ve jumped on some figures that reminded me of some old ‘Arthouse’ sort of movies, namely Caligula and Roman Polanski’s Pirates.  Fortunately all of my figures are clothed and playable!   

First, we have a group of lady pirates, ready to gut some greasy buccaneers attempting to grab some booty! These ladies are a mix of Old Glory and Irregular figures, and the scale matched quite well! I paint my pirate groups in different colors to distinguish loyalties, with red, blue, and green already existing. These ladies will have their own ship, and have thus formed the white crew! If their ship is something you’d like to see painted, let me know. But now, pictures!



Next up, a group of Roman civilians, mostly servant types. If we’re going to compare them to Caligula, it’s got to be close to the beginning of the movie, as  they’ve still got their clothes on   I think these are foundry, but I honestly have no idea. I got them second hand years ago, and cannot recall if the original owner told me the manufacturer!  


I think my favorite out of these folks are this trio, mainly due to the opportunity to splash some extra colors into the mix!

In retrospect this also added 14 females I should have been using to bounce around in Lady Sarah’s awesome limo, but that’s alright.  I’ll look for some others. With this, Superheros is my last studio on the blue level, and then we’re off to the red Director’s Chair!


Points for this post should be 115 for the 23 28mm figures, and 20 for the Arthouse, bringing me to 135! More soon!

From TeemuL: 135 points it is! Red Director's Chair is just a Superhero movie away, let's see what you find from you lead pile to cover there. Those lady pirates might find themselves comfortable with the Caligula, I guess, even though they seem to have some clothes on. Lots of white and lots of females here.

11 comments:

  1. Love the pirates - yes let’s see that ship!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Great looking Pirates and Roman civilians. I'm with Dave: we need to see a suitable ship for them.

    ReplyDelete
  3. very well done, you're certainly getting around the studios

    ReplyDelete
  4. Great work on all of these minis.

    ReplyDelete
  5. Great looking pirates and Roman civilians! Ship, ship, ship!
    Best Iain

    ReplyDelete
  6. Pirates and Romans (some would question if there really is a difference), great stuff. And yes, ship, ship ship, pretty please?

    ReplyDelete
  7. Nice work, well done on filling out the map!

    ReplyDelete