Thursday 16 February 2023

From JezT: Post 6 - Studio High Adventure (35 points)

Dear All

Just a minimal post as a single Pulp Miniatures figure entry for the Studio tour High Adventure studio - think this character fits the bill for a desert type adventure .......


A late starter to the Studio so this is just the the second spot I have reached so far .............

I also managed to paint another single Cavalry figure related to last weeks Ancients Successors post. When I reviewed my Successor army for a game, now with its its new Elephant and Thracian Foot Light bases I realised the Persian cavalry base was supposed to be "Medium" cavalry and I only had a Light cavalry style base with two figures on. I suppose I could of used a bow armed Persian medium cavalry base and said "ignore the bows" but instead decided to do this with an odd cavalry figure I had.



Can add and easily remove single figure to switch between Medium and Light Cav base

The single cavalry figure was a Foundry Miniatures Thracian with a head-swap and painted to match the other Persian's on the base. It was stable enough to play with on the table though. How did the unit perform on the table in a weekend Successor Basic Impetus clash? Pretty poor for this unit - it rode down some skirmishers but got badly damaged in the process and then got hit by javelin missile fire  and routed off the table!

So overall 25mm infantry figure (5) plus studio bonus (20) and a cavalry figure (10) so just 35 points from me. 

Cheers JezT 

From TeemuL: How do they say, an army is never finished, and this post proved it again, kind of - at least. A nice addition and option for your cavalry. The adventurer looks nice, sun is shining in the desert and clearly something is after her. Well done, Jez!  

9 comments: