Monday 18 March 2019

From JohnM: The Revenants are Done! (60 points)



In October 2016, I started to paint up a 4 point Revenant Warband for SAGA. This was a special release from Gripping Beast in coordination with Studio Tomahawk. I followed with a completely different style in the AHPC VII and then again in AHPC VIII another style emerged. Painting the exact same 12 figures does get a little boring so I have gone with yet another style this year. 






I like painting in shades of grey so I thought I would give it a try with this final unit of Levy. I also liked how my Carnevale Raadru came out so I decided to combine the two. Maybe a bit strange but I like them. I could of done a little better job of removing flash from the figures but they have just all crawled out from the dirt so I think it is probably OK. Anyway another SAGA warband done......watch out for these guys Adam.

Well just a little over 2 days to go in the AHPC IX and I still have not hit my goal of 500 points. I believe this 60 points pushes me to 479. Twenty-one more points to go!

_________________________________________________________

Oooh, very cool looking creepy crawlies John. I really like how each of your groups has a slightly (sometimes more than slightly) different style to them - it will make spotting differing mobs quite easy. I also like how the green gives them a creepy luminescence - very neat effect!

These gouls will put you within easy striking range of your 500 point target. I know you can do it John!

- Curt


11 comments:

  1. Lovely and creepy! Great stuff.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Love the black yellow colour scheme John.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Nice work on these rotten, rotting revenants John :)

    ReplyDelete
  4. Certainly weird, but hugely effective. Really like the effect you've achieved.

    ReplyDelete
  5. Wow those are creeeeeepy. That green is particularly effective.

    ReplyDelete
  6. Great looking creepy zombie types! Grotesque but in a good way!
    Best Iain

    ReplyDelete
  7. I like the skintones, well done John!

    ReplyDelete