Monday 18 March 2019

From ScottM: Samurai Cavalry & Monk (100 points)

A few years ago I lost my mind and decided to paint up a couple Samurai armies. Since then I've been very slowly plodding away at this project. My last submission for this year's challenge is a group of three units of Samurai cavalry. These three units are actually the start of the second army as I'm pretty much finished the first army. I usually can only paint a few bases a year as they're such a pain to paint. These figs are from a Steel Fist Miniatures Kickstarter they did a few years ago.






And finally I have this lone half-orc monk I painted up for the Frostgrave campaign I'm presently playing in. This metal fig is from Reaper Miniatures.


So that should be 9 - 28mm cavalry (90 points) and a single 28mm foot figure (5 points) for a total of 95 points.

Thanks to Curt for letting me participate in this years challenge and I look forward to next year! And thank you to Barks for keeping us Monday people on track!

Scott, you know many Challengers have a weakness for samurai- your colourful armour and magnificently distinctive back-banners aren't helping at all! A few bonus points to round off to a nice 100 will do nicely. I hope your half-orc monk has a good campaign!

Barks

6 comments:

  1. Beautiful work on those Steel Fist samurai. They are real beauties (and a complete swine to paint - I know as I have a bunch of them as well).

    ReplyDelete
  2. Great work. You’re a braver man than I for going there.

    ReplyDelete
  3. They look great! Well done Scott and a nice finish to a very productive challenge for you.

    ReplyDelete