Friday 3 March 2017

From SanderS: Bantha Pudu! (20 Points)

Hoi,

Only a small entry today, but one I like a lot. Last Challenge I have entered quite some West End Games Star Wars miniatures, this year the only figure of that line I intend to list is this Bantha with rider. It is one of the Holy Grails of the line, now they are OOP, and I am glad to have acquired one. As the dumbo that I am, I managed to loose one of his horns and solved that with some greenstuff, it sure makes him stand out from other versions.

Anyhow, here he is:







Now, I can hear Phil asking me if I can feel the grind of the Challenge since I only list this one figure. The answer to that Phil darling, is no, I have finished my part of the Curtgeld entry this week and shipped it out, I have also been beavering away at my entry for the bonus round for the 5th. So on the contrary I feel quite on a roll at the moment, while I guess I will not reach the 1500 points target I set for myself, I hope to get as far as 1000 points.

So Phil, what amount of points would you grant this model? :-P
Cheers Sander

Hah, cheeky Sander. As Friday Minion, I have a mandate from the great Snowlord to 'encourage' the Friday crew to maximise their paint output. But, as it is a theme week, I will be gracious, and spare the whip.    
This is a very fine bantha and tusken rider. He looks like a particularly mean specimen, with his missing horn. I like how you respond to the rarity of the piece not by leaving it pristine in it's packaging, but by losing some bits and  painting him up for your collection ;-)
I reckon this beast is equivalent to a 28mm vehicle, and I'll award the rider too for 20 points in total. Inching closer to your 1000.
Phil

21 comments:

  1. Lovely looking star wars transport!
    Best Iain

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Yup, not sure about the smell though...

      Delete
  2. @Phil: oh very nice of you thanks heaps! BTW: a "mandate"? rather a quota I guess!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Great work Sander. Keep the toil going under the minion lash!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I'll certainly persevere Greg, I am preparing another contribution for next Friday to be sure ;-)

      Delete
  4. Very nice indeed! Surely the missing horn makes it even rarer and more special?

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Yeah well, I really do not care whether the y are rare, not in the sense that I want to own it BECAUSE it is rare. More because I like the model and I have most of the Tatooine figures complete, save the Rancor which is huge and immensely expensive.

      Delete
  5. Nice beastie Sander. I think the missing horn gives him (or her? who knows) a battle scarred veteran look.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Now Peter, I am not even going to try to find out what gender the ugly brute is... but thanks heaps for the kind words!

      Delete
  6. Great work Sander! The broken horn makes it very nimble for right hand turns. Not so great for NASCAR. but probably just fine for a Sand Person. :)

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Ooooh that would be cool: the Bantha Eve races! But that would mean obtaining more of them...

      Delete
  7. What a great mini and paint jog, cool

    ReplyDelete
  8. What a great figure! Nice one!

    ReplyDelete
  9. Cool miniature, Sander and wicked paint! I actually had that in my hand once, but put it back on the shelf for a box of stormtroopers. ;)

    ReplyDelete