Wednesday 27 December 2017

From DaveD - 1/300th 1980's Soviet Infantry (53 Points)

So I told you things would be a little more diverse this year and my second entry takes me back to project from last year which is my 1980's Cold War Gone Hot. I have a game coming up with  fellow challengers MartinC and JamesM who picked up a sizable ready painted British force at a  show we attended recently. I had previously completed tanks and APC'S and was in need of some actual infantry. These are old Heroics and Ros figures - they are not the greatest of castings , but i guess will do the job,.









So all together it is 95 standing infantry , 18 prone figures , 3 mortars and 4 separate ATGW

Glad to get these out the way as the old eyes were struggling with these. I am currently awaiting the previously ordered Hinds to create the air elements for my force - fingers crossed they arrive before my game!


_____________________________

Very cool project Dave! I know that Byron is using 1/285 models for Team Yankee (I think) and the scale works very. I find that weapon ranges and ground distance looks so much better in these smaller scales. A few Hind gunships will certainly stiffen these lads. I look forward to seeing those whirlybirds sometime in the coming weeks and reading a battle report on your blog of the game!



25 comments:

  1. And here we were neck-and-neck... It was only for 24 hours though, and it couldn't last!
    Cracking work, Dave!
    : )

    ReplyDelete
  2. Great stuff Dave - and not a camel in sight! :-)

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Sorry to burst your bubble Paul but there *are* camels in there. I know because we were chatting while Dave painted these. He just does a *very* good job of painting camelflage.

      Delete
    2. shhh!... dont tell them that secret

      Delete
  3. MrC , we will be done some Team Yankee , and Cold War Commander playtests. Now where did I say a few Hinds,,,, mwaahaaa!

    ReplyDelete
  4. Nicely done with the wee men Dave :)

    ReplyDelete
  5. Huh, and here I thought you only did forces and groundwork suitable for desert climes! ;)
    Well done on the wee Russian forces, Dave! I'll expect you to be sporting a new style of headgear. One with a red Soviet star! ;)

    ReplyDelete
  6. far out I would even be able to see them let alone paint them great work

    ReplyDelete
  7. nice targets, we shall play Dallas through their TVs and weaken their resolve

    ReplyDelete
  8. Can‘t see much detail but judging from your other stuff I guess they’re rather excellent. ;-)

    ReplyDelete
  9. Nice work on teeny tiny men!
    Best Iain

    ReplyDelete
  10. Very nice, they look the part!

    ReplyDelete
  11. Nice work on these Dave. The H&R figures are long in the tooth but in their day they were leading edge. They're still looking good with your brushwork.

    ReplyDelete
  12. Very effective ad I'll bet they'll look ace en masse on the teble.

    ReplyDelete
  13. cheers all.... rest assured the camels are calling

    ReplyDelete
  14. Well done Dave - I actually find Heroics and Ross infantry to be much superior to the weak offerings from GHQ (castings which, despite being 6mm in size, manage to all look they they have a stick up their butts).

    We found Cold War Commander to be a bit of a dud, but enjoy the heck out of "Team Yankee". Whichever rules you use, enjoy setting tanks on fire!!!

    ReplyDelete
  15. Brilliant Lord D. But I really would like a close up, just to see if I can spot those Camelflaged Bactrians!

    ReplyDelete
  16. Very interesting project and a good start, Sir !

    ReplyDelete