Friday 26 January 2018

From DaveX: Waterloo Test Figure (5 Points)


It has been a busy week for me and I have only managed to paint one figure, however saying this I have made a start on several others and am currently doing a batch paint that I wish to have ready by this time next week (fingers crossed).




I will be doing various units from Waterloo in 28mm. The first figure I painted was from Perry Miniatures and is from the Coldstream Guards.  These chaps wore white paints at the infamous battle.  The figures from Perry are very nice.


I rushed the paint job as I have lots of these guys to do and plan on batch painting them.  As per usual I blocked in the colours, used strong tone dip, waited 3 days then highlighted.  Thanks for looking.

Boom! 5 Points!

____________________

Boom indeed! Lovely work Dave. For a 'rush' paintjob I must say that this test figure looks very fine. I quite like the black-lining you've done around his webing and kit as it really makes them distinct and stand out from the iconic red coat. The Strong Tone dip did a very nice job, providing just enough weathering on the trousers to reflect those muddy, rainy days of June 1815. 

Well done and I look forward to seeing more from this project.

____________________




14 comments:

  1. Nice work LHP, I like the black lining to make the details pop. I never can be bothered to do that.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Nice looking Test Figure Dave

    ReplyDelete
  3. Every project has to begin somewhere and that's a great start 👍

    ReplyDelete
  4. Only a few more to do then,, good start

    ReplyDelete
  5. Very nice work Dave, and my compliments on your patience in waiting 3 days for the dip to cure properly!

    ReplyDelete
  6. Lovely napoleonic chap!
    Best Iain

    ReplyDelete
  7. Very nice work - how many of these to do for the project?

    ReplyDelete
  8. An excellent start to your project, Dave! I'll look for them next week which is last week as I catch up with the posts! ;)
    That strong shade looks wonderful as weathering and shading for the figure and a lot faster than my current method of block, shade, highlight! ;)

    ReplyDelete