Thursday 1 February 2018

Anthony O - Skeleton Regiment - 95 Points

I promised myself I would have at least something each week for submission and so far so good. This week it is a regiment of Skeleton warriors for my Empire of Dust army for Kings of War.




These skeletons are from the Games Workshop Tomb Kings plastic collection and are pretty nice and easy to put together and paint. I have continued with the teal green colour (seriously I don't even now what to call it) to unify the army and create a contrast to the bonewhite of the ahhh bones.


So it is back to back skeletons with more on the horizon with some cavalry and another regiment of warriors hopefully due next week.


All up there is 19 28mm skeletons so I make it 95 points.

And Mr Reliable comes through again!  I'm envious of anyone who actually gets a post in every week as I always tell myself I'll definitely do that..... only to fail by week 2!

The colour mix really works on these (like the chariots) and I do like the streaky effect on the shields as it helps to age them.  Being buried underground for who knows how long plays havoc on leather one would think...

I like the way you've picked out the alternative heads that GW did to "Ancient Egypt" the skellies up and grouped them at the front - very effective and helps take them out of the Old World to the Dusty World instead.

95 points it is!

15 comments:

  1. Love how these look! Great color choice!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Great work Patch! That blue is wonderful, and I agree that the streaks on the shields really work.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Really terrific painting the teal and bone....great combo.

    ReplyDelete
  4. Brilliant looking skeletons, love the shield colour and stains!
    Best Iain

    ReplyDelete
  5. I can feel the dust! Looks awesome, great work.

    ReplyDelete
  6. Wow, I'm really loving this project. The chaotic mass basing really makes these guys shine. The striped teal shields are a great unifying touch.

    ReplyDelete
  7. Awesome! Lovin watching this army grow. Keep it going. Cheers

    ReplyDelete
  8. Looking good, Anthony, the shields are especially nice!

    ReplyDelete
  9. Love the teal contrast colour you’ve chosen to unify your army - very striking!

    ReplyDelete
  10. Really fantastic, and just perfectly brought together with the basing and the shield patterns. They look terrific in a spooky, graven-dust kind of way (and that's a compliment :) )

    ReplyDelete
  11. I really like the composition of this unit on the base, and the shield painting. Very organic and flowing.

    ReplyDelete
  12. I really like the aged look to these fellows and the streaked shields. The look outstanding based up together too!

    ReplyDelete