Sunday 23 February 2020

Sander and Arthur Reach Snow Lord's Peak


Arthur reaches back and helps his father to clamber the last few yards to the summit. They both lean over to catch their breath, taking some time to absorb their new surroundings.


This week's Snow Lord's Peak brought to you by Mount Edith Clavel, Alberta.

The Snow Lord ambles over to the two adventurers and says, 'Hello boys. Did you have a good climb up?'

Arthur squints up at the big blue beast to take his measure. Completely unimpressed he rattles off, 'Yes, but my dad slowed us down on the way up. He says he's getting too old for this kind of stuff. You don't look that mean. Why are you blue? Where's the treasure?'

The Snow Lord's face looks impassive, but his eyes betray his mirth, 'Keep your clogs on young man. I can be nasty if I really set my mind to it, just ask Ray.'

Arthur wrinkles his nose, 'Isn't he the funny fellow with the big floppy hat and no trousers? We met him on the way up here. He seemed quite cross with you and said you could take this whole challenge business and...'

Sander pipes in quickly, 'Right! About the treasure. What sort of boon would you like me to provide?'

The Snow Lord smiles at the interruption and takes a long moment to think. 'I seem to remember that since you were a boy, not much older than Arthur's here, you've been a huge fan of 'GI Joe'. So, with this being the case I'd like to see you do up another unit, vehicle or vignette from that setting AND I want Arthur to help you with it. Then you can claim your treasure.'

______________________________________________


Okay Arthur and Sander, I look forward to seeing something from the forces of Cobra or GI Joe! Hope to see you back soon.

-Curt

11 comments:

  1. We will comply with your command oh great blue cookie monster...erm Snow Lord! Damn I need to sort my stuff out in order to get a half decent entry together, we'll manage though! Yo Joe!

    ReplyDelete
  2. This should be a good one - go for it Sander and Arthur! :)

    ReplyDelete
  3. Good luck on this one , both of you.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks Peter, Arthur has already finished his part ;-)

      Delete
  4. Good luck both - I'm sure you'll do a brilliant job!

    ReplyDelete
  5. Good luck...now that you know what your challenge is, then you are set, right? I mean, isn't "knowing half the battle"?

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Yes, but you do know the other half is red and blue lasers right? :-P

      Delete