Wednesday 13 January 2021

From StuartL - The Greatest Treasure of All - 25 points

 Hello again. The Laboratory is in the rear view mirror and the chilling depths of the Alter of the Snow Lord are only a couple of chambers away. Today I am planning to pass through The Snow Lord's Treasury and as such had to find a model with treasure of any kind. 

When I get the chance to play an RPG, rather than run one, my favourite characters are always sagely wizards, wise researchers or knowledgeable clerics. The gold and jewels may attract the rogue and barbarian types, but as any spellcaster will tell you, a good book of spells is the best treasure you can find in a dungeon. 


This is (yet another) mini from Reaper's Bones range. Each of their kickstarters has had one model of Reaper's mascot character, Sophie the Succubus. In this case, the model is levitating, cross-legged in the air and reading a book. A small pile of other books (and a goblet of red wine, at least I hope it's wine) are next to her.


Like most Bones minis, this was is very flexible and bendy, which made painting under the wings a bit easier. 


Ah, actually it seems that I was mistaken. The real treasure is neither gold, nor ancient grimoires, it's the friends we have made along the way. 

And that's it for this chamber. This mini adds nothing to any of my side duels, but 1x 28mm mini plus the chamber bonus gets me a cheeky 25 points for my tally and opens the way to the penultimate chamber, The Lair of the Spider Great Beast. My entry for that is well underway, so the Snow Lord had better start preparing his traps and getting his fearsome minions in order, he's going to have company soon.
--------
A lovely additional to your collection of minions there Stuart! Great work on the book detail and who doesnt like a saucy succubus?
Cap'n Wednesday


14 comments:

  1. Super looking succubus! She looks ace and you're steaming along!
    Best Iain

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks Iain. Work is quiet right now, so I'm making good use of the time.

      Delete
  2. A floating succubus? I do like unusual poses and sculpts like this, nice job!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. It took me a while to figure out what the mini was doing.

      Delete
  3. What a great looking mini! Well done Stuart.

    ReplyDelete
  4. Some truly fabulous old school sword and fantasy!

    ReplyDelete
  5. I like the way she's holding the lantern!

    ReplyDelete
  6. Getting the Chambers ticked off nicely, well done 👏
    Regards KenR

    ReplyDelete