Saturday 3 April 2021

From PeteF: So Long and Thanks for All The Paint

It took me a while to get all of the winter minis off the shelf and onto the dining room table for the group shot. Then it took me even longer to find a little time to trim the (terrible) picture and say farewell to Challenge XI. As usual it's been a blast and was a particularly welcome respite as lockdown continued throughout the dark winter months. Thank you Curt, your minions and all the participants - the AHPC is the highlight of the hobby year.

The dungeon rooms were a bit intimidating to start with - but in the end I found a lot of 25mm Napoleonic Minifig solutions to the chambers of challenge, including a couple of old school camp followers, a landau carriage and medical team. The look and feel of the old school 25s I grew up with spark a lot of joy (I enjoy painting more modern stuff too). Here are some of my Minifig highlights:











I entered two duels - the Napoleonic and the squirrel. I began the challenge with quite a few more Napoleonic Minifigs primed than I managed to paint but I'm happy with the output - I'm close to completing the French Quatres Bras army - it may even be done before Challenge XII commences. I was happy with third place in the duel behind heavyweight brush weilders Noel and PaulSS. The squirrel challenge was another matter - I only managed 6 squirrel points. As I told Curt, I'm really going to have to focus on it next time.

Final Muster on the Shelf of Self Esteem

9 comments:

  1. Fantastic output this year

    ReplyDelete
  2. That's quite a haul Pete, I gotta say I did love all the extra's you did for the Napoleonics, my fav was the brown coated stretcher bearers. 10/10!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Great to see Minifigs still getting some love. they were my entry into Naps back in the 70s..

    ReplyDelete
  4. Great output Pete, great name too! Really enjoyed your Minifigs again.

    ReplyDelete
  5. I really enjoyed your minifig output,they were great fun with a big hit of nostalgia!
    Best Iain

    ReplyDelete
  6. I absolutely loved your Minifigs project, the regukar troops as well as the extras. Well done! And I'm quite sure I have that La Haye Sainte model lying around somewhere..

    ReplyDelete
  7. Brilliant entries this year mate well done!

    ReplyDelete
  8. I love that your output nicely fits on a display shelf. How wonderful is that. Well done Pete. I look forward to seeing the next Minifig Napoloeonic contingent getting done-up for Challenge XII.

    ReplyDelete